PO: Nirvana Incesticide Reissue on Green (7/9)

this is already available and is very high quality. it goes in and out of stock on amazon. it's the "320" european pressing.

^^this - it's  my understanding that it was an error they accidentally used the Albini mix, yet did not correct the mistake, so that particular Euro press remains the Albini mix.

Speaking of the Albini mix, I recently got burned on one through eBay. In all my years of using eBay, I've never had someone take my money, claim to ship the item and never have it arrive. That's what happened this time around. Seller didn't reply to several communication attempts so now I'm trying my luck with opening a case with eBay to get a refund or whatever. 

Whenever it gets resolved, I'll need to find another one and get it. I really want to hear that mix for myself on my turntable.

this is already available and is very high quality. it goes in and out of stock on amazon. it's the "320" european pressing.

From my understanding the label recalled all of these copies.  If you know of one that is a lock please post the link for the amazon page if you dont mind.  Also, for anyone looking for this ORG color.....http://www.musicdirect.com/p-1744-nirvana-incesticide-180g-colored-vinyl-lp.aspx

The new Auto-Rip feature on Amazon is pretty sweet. 

I'm an impulsive music buyer.  it's nice to get the instant gratifation of the online version and then get a vinyl copy in the mail shortly afterward.

I really think that autorip is another knife in the side of indie stores.  While I think autorip is awesome, it scares me a bit if that makes sense.

From my understanding the label recalled all of these copies.  If you know of one that is a lock please post the link for the amazon page if you dont mind.  Also, for anyone looking for this ORG color.....http://www.musicdirect.com/p-1744-nirvana-incesticide-180g-colored-vinyl-lp.aspx

http://www.amazon.com/Utero-Vinyl-Nirvana/dp/B00004WP7P/ref=sr_1_1?s=music&ie=UTF8&qid=1370441457&sr=1-1&keywords=0720642453612

I really think that autorip is another knife in the side of indie stores.  While I think autorip is awesome, it scares me a bit if that makes sense.

auto-rip is just an amazingly convenient feature, again making it harder to buy from indie stores

so not only does Amazon USUALLY offer cheaper prices, you get instant MP3 download, can't beat that

if its any help to anybody, my In Utero Euro press with 320 in the wax, has a Big Red 'Back-To-Black 60th Anniversary' sticker on the front, and the small credit/details on the back right bottom has 'Made In The Eu' after the DGC and other rights Info,.,,, 

are you saying that release has the albini mix as well? afaik, the albini mix is on the standard european "320" release, not the back to black. if yours has it, that's great news!

are you saying that release has the albini mix as well? afaik, the albini mix is on the standard european "320" release, not the back to black. if yours has it, that's great news!

Apparently the 320 and Back to Black are the same.

More precisely the Back-To-Black pressing was pressed from the same plates and is the "320" mix.

That is what I mean by them being the same...

I also have the Back To Black 320 pressing. I won it pretty cheaply (35ppd) on eBay October of '11. It is a very dry mix and a bit raunchier for it. Some tracks I kind of like the polish of the standard mix better than this but its probably just because its what I'm accustomed to. Damn fine mix though. Much more raw. I just listened last night and you kind of miss some of the reverb and polish on some of the vocals but I can certainly appreciate the Albini sound. I love his work on the first four Jesus Lizard records. Not sure if he actually mixed those.

I also have the Back To Black 320 pressing. I won it pretty cheaply (35ppd) on eBay October of '11. It is a very dry mix and a bit raunchier for it. Some tracks I kind of like the polish of the standard mix better than this but its probably just because its what I'm accustomed to. Damn fine mix though. Much more raw. I just listened last night and you kind of miss some of the reverb and polish on some of the vocals but I can certainly appreciate the Albini sound. I love his work on the first four Jesus Lizard records. Not sure if he actually mixed those.

the different mix is only on two songs. the rest of the album is the same as any other edition. 

It's honestly almost hard for me to listen to the Jesus Lizard stuff post-Albini. I love his work, especially on David's vocals.

the different mix is only on two songs. the rest of the album is the same as any other edition. 

are you sure about this? it has the same dead wax was info as the 2003 - '320' mix (or whatever year that was). I haven't been listening to any other version (or even the B2B one so recently) to compare, but if it really was the same plate pressing as someone mentioned it would seem it's also the Albini mix.

Hey guys just a heads up, I ordered this from Amazon.  It is not the Back on Black pressing, its a Canadian pressing.  Before I crack it open and spin it I'll dig around to see if this might also feature the Albini mixes.  The UPC is 720642453612, Cat is 4245361.  Dist by Universal Music Canada. 

Hey guys just a heads up, I ordered this from Amazon.  It is not the Back on Black pressing, its a Canadian pressing.  Before I crack it open and spin it I'll dig around to see if this might also feature the Albini mixes.  The UPC is 720642453612, Cat is 4245361.  Dist by Universal Music Canada. 

you need to open it and look for the "320" in the deadwax. by then you will also be able to listen to it and notice the striking difference in Heart Shaped Box. it's noticeably different.