Sebadoh - Secret EP LTD. 300 (Dinosaur Jr. Lou Barlow)

Guest deathbydrums

Guest deathbydrums

From Joyful Noise Recordings:

We keep slapping ourselves to see if we'll wake up, but this keeps being reality... Legendary indie rock pioneers Sebadoh have announced the release of their first new LP in 14 years. And it's going to be on Joyful Noise. Holy fuck.

Sebadoh is simply one of the most important bands in the history of indie rock. The longtime project of Lou Barlow, Jason Loewenstein, and Bob D'Amico, will re-emerge with the full-length album Defend Yourself on September 17th. Defend Yourself marks a return to the self-recorded DIY ethos of early Sebadoh albums (Bakesale, Sebadoh III), and material from the Defend Yourself sessions has been hailed as commensurate with Sebadoh's finest moments.

Effective immediately, the band is releasing a precursor to this LP, known as Secret EP:

Secret EP is just that: an EP released in secret. The band quietly posted these 5 tracks on their Bandcamp page some months ago, disseminating the new material to the initiated without performing any of the standard rituals of promotion or distribution--until now. Joyful Noise is giving the Secret EP a proper release, available on digital, 10" black vinyl, and limited edition 10" green marble vinyl (hand-numbered out of just 300 copies).

The Secret EP hits stores on June 25, but is available immediately via mailorder.

Damn....now I'm actually glad I picked up the green. I like this EP but I am excited for their "return to self-recorded DIY ethos of early Sebadoh" on the new record. Lou + studio quality recordings doesn't quite do it for me.

• 3 weeks later...