how do you think about limited 1 per person order

being as most of my and my friends' ordering is from the US, the 1 per customer sucks coz we all gotta pay seperate shipping costs, which as you all know, are fucking huge at the moment. the philosophy behind 1 per customer is sound, but for us non-US residents, who are forking out big big dollars for post, it's so much better if i can buy 3 copies in total so me and my 2 friends who want the album can split the international shipping.

you're never gonna stop flipping no matter what obstacles you put in the way. as impact says, its easy to get around the rule to procure multiple copies.

If labels really cared, I'm sure they'd be able to prevent a lot of multiple orders as well.

first come, first serve. its not like when these pre-orders go up you werent expecting it. now if you used all your cash elsewhere on some ebay record for fifty dollars and cant afford to buy the pre-order release and you miss out on the blood-red w/ black splatter and have to settle with just black, isnt that kind of your own fault? ya, it sucks for collectors, i know i hate it when i have to go to ebay to find a record i really, really want on a certain color and its around one hundred dollars, its depressing. people are gonna flip no matter what you do, even if its the one copy they could get because its a easy way to make a quick buck. I say just be more prepared when something you want is coming up. i have had fifty asside for jane doe since it was announced.

I'm down for a limit, but 1? I always buy two of everything so I can have one for listening that I don't care what happens to (condition-wise) and one for keeping unplayed for the collection. 3 to 5 sounds better to me.

You know how to stop flipping? Make sure if you really want the record, you buy it. The more people who buy it to keep, the less there are for the flippers. There really is no other way to stop it. People have been flipping for years upon years upon years; nothing has stopped it yet and nothing ever well. As long as people sleep on what they want, there will be buyers for flippers to sell to.

I'm half and half on this. I like it but my girlfriend and I both collect so sometimes if we're at work and one of can't get to a computer at the time it goes on sale, one of us misses out. We share so it's not that bad, but it can be frustrating sometimes. Neither of us sell/trade so sometimes it'd be nice just to buy 2 to begin with, especially for surprises!

I'm down for a limit, but 1? I always buy two of everything so I can have one for listening that I don't care what happens to (condition-wise) and one for keeping unplayed for the collection. 3 to 5 sounds better to me.

Why would anybody need 3 to 5 copies of the same exact thing if they weren't intending on selling?

Why would anybody need 3 to 5 copies of the same exact thing if they weren't intending on selling?

COLORS DUDE!

With variants it's different. I was talking about the exact same thing. He said 1 to collect, 1 to listen, so I did not understand why he thought 3 to 5 was better.

Personally I like to buy two (unless there are color variants), but I was saying 3-5 for those who buy together and what have you.

as we know,many time ebay record selling in ebay always annoy us and make us greed or make more credit card debt.

for me,i very love limited 1 per person order such hydrahead or robotic empire or fat do.

limited 1 per rarest colour or not over than 1 copy per colour for one customer is awesome.

anyway,i'm a coloured vinyl nerd so i always try to complete all colours.at least as much as possible (like relapse clear which i never plan to fight for it on ebay).

how do you think about this ?

fair or not fair....

:)

yes, absolutely think one per is fair.