VC "Greater Than Collective" Fantasy Football Thread

Not in a 10 team league. Keeps the wire from being too deep.

it doesn't change much.  you have the third wr and they either sitting on your bunch doing nothing or a chance to actually play them.  i'd rather have one more guy play and one less bench than an extra bench and them just sit all year.

What about payouts? In a 10 man, $10 league I don't really want to pay 3rd but I think you have to just so the consolation match means something. I'd propose $70 / $20 / $10.

i have it posted on y! its 70/20/10

Two a days! we are going to talk 2 teams from our league a day and discuss strengths and weaknesses of each team. 

Tuesday, 27th - The Gatos & The Fear Boners

Wednesday, 28th - Burinators & herp a derp

Thursday, 29th - 52 Shades of Ray & Password is Taco

Friday, 30th - Te Punting Baxters & ANUSTART

Saturday, 31st - Thunder Gun Express & Amish Rakefighters

Our first 2 a days are The Gatos and The Fear Boners

The Gatos 

QB - Ryan, flacco

RB - Richardson, Murray, Green-Ellis

WR - Bryant, Cruz, Decker, Stevie Johnson, Blackmon, Floyd

TE - Owen Daniels, Gresham

DEF - Houston

K - Prater

IMO, you are super deep and scary good at WR which is important, (love blackmon when he comes back from suspension) however; you aren't even scratching the surface at RB.  you started out with a bang in Richardson, but Murray/Green-Ellis as your RB 2 isn't good at all.  Last season Murray played 10 games and fumbled 3 times, he fumbled the other night and got benched.  They have a lot of young guys ready to steal his job.  speaking of young guys, i see geovani bernard stealing green-ellis job a couple weeks into the season. Matt Ryan should be pretty good, but i think he hit his ceiling last season, but will still be a top 8 qb.  houstons d is good.  LOVE THE FLACCO PICK!

C+

The Fear Boners

QB - P. Manning, Vick

RB -  Morris, Rice, D. Williams, Woodhead

WR - V. Jackson, D. Jackson, Boldin, Jennings, denarius moore

TE - Gronk, Rudolph

DEF - Cinc

K - Gostkowski

I think you can do a lot of damage.  Rice and Morris are both RB1's and manning is going to manning.  i feel this is going to be a redemption year for desean jackson and its nice to have jennings around in case whoever is throwing to him realizes he can still burn a lot of corners.  i wish i was as brave to take gronk like you.  after rice and morris, i wouldn't want to touch either RB, carolina has no clue what they are doing with their running game and need a number 1 guy and woodhead is the number 3 guy on a sd rb depth chart.  i l love the vick pick, but having manning i don't see you using him besides the bye week and by then, he could be hurt.  i think you are going to be kicking yourself bc those first couple weeks vick might really bring it, but there is no way you sit peyton manning.  

B-

I realized I was screwed at rb. My picks just fell apart and I got focused on a tandem of Bryant and Andre Johnson at wr. Which got plucked away from me right before my next pick.

I'm hoping Murray can step up and this can be his injury free/breakout year. Time will tell

a lot of people are saying its going to be a big year for him and if it happens you should be set with him and richardson, minus bye weeks.  i know i reached for cj2k in the 2nd, but was scared which backs would be left if i didn't.  the only 2 wr i would of drafted in the 2nd would of been dez and calvin (if availble) though, so it could be worth it for you.