DC / MD peoples - The Cat Empire

I don't know how many people here are from DC or MD but it's definitely worth a shot.

One of my favorite bands, The Cat Empire, are coming to Silver Spring, MD on Thursday, June 27th.  I have a ticket to go, but I really don't want to go by myself.  None of my friends will come with me.

Is anyone from around here going?

:DD

If they're one of your fav bands, just go. I've checked out so many bands lone-wolf-style, I've lost count. Once, I couldn't get anyone to come w/ me to see TAAS, I was like 'are you guys crazy? this is TAAS' Even offered up a free ticket, no dice. Ended up riding the greyhound to Windsor, ON, staying in a hotel and going over to Detroit for the show, then headed back at night alone, and wasn't even 100% sure that I'd make it in time for the last shuttle back across the border. Ended up being an awesome trip.

I am definitely going regardless!  I'm going to the New York show too!

I just don't enjoy it - I went to see Okkervil River by myself in Paris ( I don't speak any French ), and I still had a great time.  It's nice to have company though.

@ark, I don't think I could do that myself haha, but glad you had a blast!

Someone though, accompany me!