PO: Arctic Monkeys - AM

Arctic Monkeys release their fifth album, entitled 'AM' on Monday 9th September 2013.

Available on CD, Vinyl, Special Edition Vinyl & Digital download - you can pre-order the record from:

Arctic Monkeys Store - http://po.st/AMStore

Domino Mart - http://po.st/AMDomMart

Tracklisting is as follows:

1. Do I Wanna Know?

2. R U Mine?

3. One For The Road

4. Arabella

5. I Want It All

6. No. 1 Party Anthem

7. Mad Sounds

8. Fireside

9. Why'd You Only Call Me When You're High?

10. Snap Out Of It

11. Knee Socks

12. I Wanna Be Yours

A_M_Temp_Pack-Shot.jpg

AM’ was produced by James Ford and co-produced by Ross Orton at Sage & Sound Recording, LA and Rancho De La Luna, Joshua Tree.  The album was engineered by Ian Shea and mixed by Tchad Blake. 

Josh Homme, Pete Thomas and Bill Ryder-Jones all make guest appearances on ‘AM’ – as do the words of John Cooper Clarke, on the track I Wanna Be Yours.

Deluxe vinyl package includes:

Ltd Edition Heavyweight vinyl.

Exclusive Booklet Featuring Rare And Unseen Photographs.

Exclusive 7".

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Every Arctic Monkeys album with the exception of Whatever People Say That I Am, has been somewhat disappointing to me at first. It takes  a while for me to get into whatever their new sound is, but eventually something clicks & I end up loving the album. With that being said, we're right on schedule with AM.

Sort of. At some point during my first few listens to FWN, Humbug, SI&S & now AM, there is I time when I thought "ugh, I'm not sure how I feel about this one". Every release of theirs sounds different & has taken some time for me to get into. I'm not really worried though, I always end up loving their albums eventually.

That is how I read it. I've liked everything I've heard from it a lot. Then again, I was so-so on them until Humbug came out. I thought that album sort of scraped the surface of what the band should sound like. This sounds like it might be delivering on that promise.

I know that probably puts me in the minority, but there it is. I guess we'll find out next week.

That is how I read it. I've liked everything I've heard from it a lot. Then again, I was so-so on them until Humbug came out. I thought that album sort of scraped the surface of what the band should sound like. This sounds like it might be delivering on that promise.

I know that probably puts me in the minority, but there it is. I guess we'll find out next week.

I'll join you in the minority on this one. New album sounds pretty good. I might pick up the record locally if it continues to grow on me. 

When the singles off this album were first released, I only listened to the preview on itunes a couple of times & wasn't too impressed with them. After listening to the album more, they've become some of my favorite tracks. I'm also fuckin' loving Snap Out of It & Knee Socks. I guess I'm finally starting to come around on this one.

I got my deluxe today, but I haven't had a chance to listen to it yet. The deluxe is pressed on 180 gram vinyl & comes in a gatefold sleeve. It includes a photo book & bonus 7" with the tracks 'Stop the World' & '2013' on it. I'm not sure if the standard version is 180 gram, or if it comes in a gatefold but I know the booklet & 7" are exclusive to the deluxe. If you order at SoundStageDirect use the code LP11 to get 11% off your order, but it's only good thru tomorrow.

• 7 months later...