Win a copy of LCD Soundsystem SIGNED by THE James Murphy!

Hello!  We are a vinyl blog, and we're using reddit and Vinyl Collective to let people know that we're giving away something special (in our opinion).  The one and only James Murphy of LCD Soundsystem very generously agreed to autograph copies of his records for us to give away on our site to some lucky LCD fans.  We're starting with the self-titled album (This is Happening and Sound of Silver will be given away soon after).  The contest is for promotion of our blog, and we're making no money, just hoping to increase visibility and awareness.  You must have Facebook to enter, but it is not a random drawing.  You will have some control over your chances of winning!  For details on how to enter to win, please see our blog at http://thevinylword.info

Thanks for looking, and if you decide to enter, GOOD LUCK!

i wish the people that ran this blog would ACTUALLY post here, instead of just posting here to post contests and disappearing til the next one.

also, didnt someone here win the last radiohead one, and then contacted them and they didnt respond and drew another name? what happened with that? 

i wish the people that ran this blog would ACTUALLY post here, instead of just posting here to post contests and disappearing til the next one.

also, didnt someone here win the last radiohead one, and then contacted them and they didnt respond and drew another name? what happened with that? 

Dude, we're here, let's talk.  If I understand correctly, you want us to post our content on Vinyl Collective?  Or you want us to stop using Vinyl Collective exclusively for publicity?  Raising awareness of a website is super hard.  We aren't posting here to ruin people's VC experience.  We're just using the limited resources we have available to us.  

Regarding Radiohead, the winner was ultimately able to get a hold of us.  We fucked up because we were Twitter novices, but he now has his Radiohead records in hand.    

Hmm the contest will be won by the person who's comment is "liked" the most.

Oh, I get it. It's a popularity contest.

Facebook in general is a popularity contest.  But we believe that if someone wants to put in the effort to convince their friends to help them win a vinyl record, they really want the record.

This exactly, it's just a stupid popularity contest to get as many people on their page as possible

I don't know why we're even bothering to answer messages from people that are hating on us for no reason, but of course we want people to visit our blog.  Why would we bust our ass trying to find good content for other fans of vinyl in our free time for no money to not have anyone read the blog?  Why would we work hard to get a celebrity like James Murphy, who has 1000s of fans that would cherish having a signed copy of one of his records, to help us out if we didn't care about giving people a reason to care about our blog?  If you don't want the record and you don't care about the blog, why do you bother to comment? 

I don't know why we're even bothering to answer messages from people that are hating on us for no reason, but of course we want people to visit our blog. Why would we bust our ass trying to find good content for other fans of vinyl in our free time for no money to not have anyone read the blog? Why would we work hard to get a celebrity like James Murphy, who has 1000s of fans that would cherish having a signed copy of one of his records, to help us out if we didn't care about giving people a reason to care about our blog? If you don't want the record and you don't care about the blog, why do you bother to comment?

I do want the record you jabroni but I don't have any friends and especially don't have Facebook friends. I can guarantee I'm a bigger LCD fan than any douche you give it to with 1000 likes on Facebook. Real LCD fans don't give a shit about social media and the Internet. I'm losing my edge.

basing the winner upon the popularity of their posts is garbage.

mostly because anyone who actually takes to their newsfeed to say "hey friends.. i want this record. go like my stupid comment!" is just annoying.

no one wants that.

I do want the record you jabroni but I don't have any friends and especially don't have Facebook friends. I can guarantee I'm a bigger LCD fan than any douche you give it to with 1000 likes on Facebook. Real LCD fans don't give a shit about social media and the Internet. I'm losing my edge.

Well, that is just rude.  And probably erroneous, as LCD has over 146K Twitter followers and 634K Facebook followers, but whatever, nothing worth arguing about here.  Those people that you think are "douches" are probably the ones that actually read our blog, so we don't mind doing them a favor.

Fair enough. I wasn't "hating on" you guys btw. I think it's cool that you're giving the record away.

Thanks.  Hopefully they will go to good homes.  That's certainly what we prefer.  If you look at the actual Facebook comments so far, some are very clever and/or funny and we realize it's a shame they will go unrewarded.  Life is just one big shitty competitiion really.   

The Vinyl Word (since their short time being around) has had A TON of free giveaways of some really cool stuff.  Plus, they're already one of the better vinyl blog reads around.  It was kind of sad how terrible some of these vinyl blog sites were but it seems these guys actually have some pretty good taste in music.

Keep doing what you're doing The Vinyl Word, you wont get a complaint from me!!!

The Vinyl Word (since their short time being around) has had A TON of free giveaways of some really cool stuff.  Plus, they're already one of the better vinyl blog reads around.  It was kind of sad how terrible some of these vinyl blog sites were but it seems these guys actually have some pretty good taste in music.

Keep doing what you're doing The Vinyl Word, you wont get a complaint from me!!!

Thanks, that's very much appreciated!  It's motivating to hear positive feedback.  We can deal with the occasional negativity, but it's the silent majority that makes it hard to do what we're trying to do for them.  Can't believe only 2 people are vying for a signed LCD Soundsystem record.  Live and learn.  We conclude the majority favor random lotteries.

Thanks, that's very much appreciated!  It's motivating to hear positive feedback.  We can deal with the occasional negativity, but it's the silent majority that makes it hard to do what we're trying to do for them.  Can't believe only 2 people are vying for a signed LCD Soundsystem record.  Live and learn.  We conclude the majority favor random lotteries.

I've actually had 7 people like my "shared comment" of your giveaway but not the actual comment I made in your post.  Probably confused them.  Oh well, I tried...  I've got no problem with your contest method here.  If somebody is determined enough to try and win this, they probably deserve it more anyways.

Why cater to those who are lazy and just want to complain?  I'd never want to give a free record to those people anyways.

Just keep doing what you're doing.  You guys have started off just fine in my book.

Dude, we're here, let's talk.  If I understand correctly, you want us to post our content on Vinyl Collective?  Or you want us to stop using Vinyl Collective exclusively for publicity?  Raising awareness of a website is super hard.  We aren't posting here to ruin people's VC experience.  We're just using the limited resources we have available to us.  

Regarding Radiohead, the winner was ultimately able to get a hold of us.  We fucked up because we were Twitter novices, but he now has his Radiohead records in hand.    

it would just be nice if you guys posted in general. not your content per say, but just joined in on various topics you guys are interested in and were actually a positive part of the community, rather than JUST posting here to promote your contests.

nah mean?