Does anyone own a Eurolite LP-70 carrying case?

I recently bought one of these only to find a small crack/split in the casing near the hinge. Thinking it was defective, I returned it and got a second one with the same crack/split. I returned that one and have now gotten my third case, with the same apparent crack/split right by the hinge. Am I crazy? Do they all have this split in the metal casing? If anyone else out there owns one of these, I would love to know what yours looks like.

yes they all do. everyone i own has that. zero clue as to why, though.

Well sonovabitch. Now I feel like a moron for returning the previous two.

ooo these look nice. how many records do they hold? i think i might add a couple to my hurricane prep list.

Like the product title indicates, it's supposed to hold 70 LPs.

Well sonovabitch. Now I feel like a moron for returning the previous two.

Like the product title indicates, it's supposed to hold 70 LPs.

haha i figured (although Eurolite 70-LP would make more sense). just didn't know if that was true capacity or not once you figure in double/triple lps and polybags.

haha i figured (although Eurolite 70-LP would make more sense). just didn't know if that was true capacity or not once you figure in double/triple lps and polybags.

A lot of DJs buy this case and say that it actually doesn't fit 70 LPs only because most DJs store their records outside of the jacket for easier/quicker access—they say if you store them like that, it fits more like 50. Either way, I'm stoked about it though. You can get 'em on eBay for $31.99 with free shipping.