FS: Test Presses(Fireworks, Man Overboard, Mixtapes,Etc), TDAGARIM, Pop Punk 12'" and 7"

Brock N Roll

You are something else dude.

You offered me 10 bucks for daylight...then proceeded to tell me that you can get it for 11 on eBay and show me an ended eBay listing for the deep purple variant and tell me its rarer than the variant I have which is not true.

You show me only completed listings for other records that sold for somewhat cheap..... what about all the ones that sold for way more? Anyone can show a completed auction that happened to sell for a cheap amount. That doesn't mean that "you can get it on eBay for this price"

The point is this....I was only selling to get extra money for vacation. I'm not going to sell stuff for dirt cheap for no reason. I'm not desperate for money.

God damn, I love all these noobies that get their panties all in a bunch over nothing.

You're right that the $10 for Daylight was lower than what yours would have gone for on eBay...of course it was! Why would I offer you *more* than what it goes for on eBay? I even showed you a listing where someone tried to get $25 for the same record you have and no one even bid on it. Obviously, the market is somewhere between $10 and $25, and my offer is, naturally, going to be on the lower side so I can try to score a deal. You're free to respond with "I can't take $10, I'll take $15, $20, whatever" and then we negotiate as such. 

The reason that anyone can show you a listing for a "cheap amount" is because there is a way for someone to get it for that amount, obviously, so one would be silly to offer you more for it than he could get it for himself! The fact that you don't seem to get that boggles my mind! Suppose you wanted the new, I don't know, Wiggles album, and you saw it on eBay going for anywhere between $15 and $40. And then you see someone on a forum is saying "Idk make me an offer!". You would be daft to say "golly gee, I think I'll offer him $40!" Of course, any rational person would say, "Hmm, well I should probably start around $15, seeing as I could easily get it for that elsewhere." Surrrrrely you understand this, or else I would recommend you spend your vacation reading up on the principles of economics.

Also, you are conveniently leaving out the fact that you took offense to my offer for the Wonder Years record you're selling, which I offered $20 for, and which is selling for $25 consistently on eBay (and, as I showed you, even one package went for like $30 with an additional 7", a poster, and a shirt!!!)

To clarify, a simply re-reading of the PM I sent you would show that I didn't claim that the other record was rarer than the one you were offering. Rather, I said that there are some on there (namely, the 1st press black) that are rarer that are selling in the ballpark of my original offer. I then proceeded to cite other examples--not of rarer records, but of others in the ballpark of the price I was looking for that were close to being as rare as the one you offered. (It should be noted that the fundamental difference between a /700 record and a /1000 is easy to determine, especially when the record is not OOP yet.)

I also don't really appreciate the "noobie" reference. You make it seem as if being new to this site necessarily entails me being clueless about how to make deals. 

If "the point is" that you were going on vacation and needed the money, that does nothing to nullify my claim that you could have made a counteroffer instead of pretending that my offer was too insultingly low to consider, especially given that, by purely objective standards, referring to eBay's prices, etc., it simply wasn't an insultingly low offer.

Of course, you aren't obligated to sell to me or anyone, and that's fine. The issue I have isn't that you didn't sell to me, it's that you chose not to put a price on things, asked not to be lowballed, were objectively not lowballed, and claimed that the offer was essentially ridiculous. I thought it was worth noting this, since another commenter foresaw the very problem I experienced. Like I said, I don't discourage others from dealing with you. I don't think you're dishonest or untrustworthy or anything else. I just think you are operating your sale in a way that unnecessarily frustrates the efforts of genuinely interest buyers. Others ought to be aware and adjust their expectations of you accordingly.

You're right that the $10 for Daylight was lower than what yours would have gone for on eBay...

That's enough now. You're nit-picking and airing out your dirty laundry for no reason. Brock is a great and very active member of this community.

If you can't work out a deal then tough. Move on, and consider this a verbal warning.

You're right that the $10 for Daylight was lower than what yours would have gone for on eBay...of course it was! Why would I offer you *more* than what it goes for on eBay? I even showed you a listing where someone tried to get $25 for the same record you have and no one even bid on it. Obviously, the market is somewhere between $10 and $25, and my offer is, naturally, going to be on the lower side so I can try to score a deal. You're free to respond with "I can't take $10, I'll take $15, $20, whatever" and then we negotiate as such. 

The reason that anyone can show you a listing for a "cheap amount" is because there is a way for someone to get it for that amount, obviously, so one would be silly to offer you more for it than he could get it for himself! The fact that you don't seem to get that boggles my mind! Suppose you wanted the new, I don't know, Wiggles album, and you saw it on eBay going for anywhere between $15 and $40. And then you see someone on a forum is saying "Idk make me an offer!". You would be daft to say "golly gee, I think I'll offer him $40!" Of course, any rational person would say, "Hmm, well I should probably start around $15, seeing as I could easily get it for that elsewhere." Surrrrrely you understand this, or else I would recommend you spend your vacation reading up on the principles of economics.

Also, you are conveniently leaving out the fact that you took offense to my offer for the Wonder Years record you're selling, which I offered $20 for, and which is selling for $25 consistently on eBay (and, as I showed you, even one package went for like $30 with an additional 7", a poster, and a shirt!!!)

To clarify, a simply re-reading of the PM I sent you would show that I didn't claim that the other record was rarer than the one you were offering. Rather, I said that there are some on there (namely, the 1st press black) that are rarer that are selling in the ballpark of my original offer. I then proceeded to cite other examples--not of rarer records, but of others in the ballpark of the price I was looking for that were close to being as rare as the one you offered. (It should be noted that the fundamental difference between a /700 record and a /1000 is easy to determine, especially when the record is not OOP yet.)

I also don't really appreciate the "noobie" reference. You make it seem as if being new to this site necessarily entails me being clueless about how to make deals. 

If "the point is" that you were going on vacation and needed the money, that does nothing to nullify my claim that you could have made a counteroffer instead of pretending that my offer was too insultingly low to consider, especially given that, by purely objective standards, referring to eBay's prices, etc., it simply wasn't an insultingly low offer.

Of course, you aren't obligated to sell to me or anyone, and that's fine. The issue I have isn't that you didn't sell to me, it's that you chose not to put a price on things, asked not to be lowballed, were objectively not lowballed, and claimed that the offer was essentially ridiculous. I thought it was worth noting this, since another commenter foresaw the very problem I experienced. Like I said, I don't discourage others from dealing with you. I don't think you're dishonest or untrustworthy or anything else. I just think you are operating your sale in a way that unnecessarily frustrates the efforts of genuinely interest buyers. Others ought to be aware and adjust their expectations of you accordingly.

Lol. I was the one that won the wonder years bundle for $30. Great find

I know this is a few days old but the seller name sounds familiar from ebay, pretty sure I won 7/8 records a while ago and he was great (I'm in the UK and he kept adding new auctions) - let me delay payment until all his listings had finished and shipped them all together for a reasonable price.

I dunno what went on in this particular transaction, but an 'ebay price' isn't the lowest it has ever sold for on ebay. Personally when offering prices to people, i'll look at the previous 3-5 sales on popsike and go for a price somewhere in the middle. Usually take off a few £ because i'd expect them to ask for more, but I definitely wouldn't say "Hey I can get this for £XX" because it sold for that price once.

I know this is a few days old but the seller name sounds familiar from ebay, pretty sure I won 7/8 records a while ago and he was great (I'm in the UK and he kept adding new auctions) - let me delay payment until all his listings had finished and shipped them all together for a reasonable price.

I dunno what went on in this particular transaction, but an 'ebay price' isn't the lowest it has ever sold for on ebay. Personally when offering prices to people, i'll look at the previous 3-5 sales on popsike and go for a price somewhere in the middle. Usually take off a few £ because i'd expect them to ask for more, but I definitely wouldn't say "Hey I can get this for £XX" because it sold for that price once.

Yeah dude, I remember you. That was the great "selling off collection to buy a house purge of 2012". Thanks for the kind words!