Anyone want to do Insanity with me?

Definitely good advice and I will rest my body if I feel like it is getting to be too much. I am still enjoying it, as much as you can for a workout. I can actually do some pretty good push ups now!

I like that everyone seems to have a positive attitude towards insanity and looks forward to the workouts each day. Hope it stays that way!

Pure Cardio done. I can't say I felt like it today, but the thought of updating the thread kept me motivated and now I'm glad I followed through.

I'm the same way. What's everyone's preferred workout? I dislike power resistance the most, like pure cardio the most and am most exhausted after plyo circuit. 2 more workouts till fit test #2!

I'm the same way. What's everyone's preferred workout? I dislike power resistance the most, like pure cardio the most and am most exhausted after plyo circuit. 2 more workouts till fit test #2!

I agree. I like the pure cardio the most. It seems to go by faster since you're constantly moving.

Plyo circuit done. Cardio recovery tomorrow. I could use some recovery after this. I feel great though. I also find myself eating more healthy; not so much because I feel the need to "diet," I just find myself craving more healthy foods. This is working out really well so far.

Great work everyone.

Just finished week two. Holy shit balls today was tough. Last night was my bachelor party so getting up and working out this morning was going to be rough anyway, but then it was pure cardio and cardio abs. I almost gave up after pure cardio when i saw that cardio abs was another 16 minutes. Those were some of the most intense ab work outs I have ever done, and my abs are still killing me. I'm glad I kept going cause I'm no longer hung over and actually feel pretty great. 

Did it this morning. Got some plant based protein powder (soy free) and creatine at the health food store. Not sure if the creatine is vegan, but wanted to try it.

What creatine? What does the label say as a dose?

I won't eat anything with soy. It has an effect similar to estrogen on the body, like a reverse steroid. If I had to choose between soy estrogens and a protein deficit, I'd take the soy. But not being a vegan, I don't have to trade off. I would just try and eliminate soy from the rest of your diet. It's not like you eat the stuff and sprout bitch tits but if you work your ass off, you don't want your food choices getting in the way of progress.

You want flax oil as well. It's cheap and good for your heart in general. Omega 3s assist the body's anabolic and recovery processes. If non-vegan, fish oil is superior to flax. Flax contains omega 3, 6, and 9. Fish is pretty much all 3. You really don't want 9 and we get way more 6 than we need in our normal diet. But it's got a lot of omega 3, which is why I am suggesting it.

Seems like a problem for vegans too from google but its not something I've read on extensively:

http://www.vegsource.com/sarah-taylor/the-new-vegan-health-issue-omega-6-omega-3-fatty-acid-ratio.html

ON makes quality stuff. Creatine dosing is not something that is unanimously agreed on. Some people say to load (like this label), some don't. I don't. I take 1 tsp post-workout. If you load, you should unload after a few weeks. If you take it like I do, you can go a long time and just unload occasionally. But really, don't worry about this too much. There's articles that do the topic better justice. Following either plan will help results.

ON should be "unflavored". Creatine uptake is aided by an insulin spike. Therefore, some of them contain a LOT of sugar. Like as much as a soda. It's a weird balance because you want the insulin spike but you don't want your body to store sugar as fat. Thus, take it post workout with some protein powder and/or food. Your insulin levels naturally rise post workout. This is part of your body's rebuilding process. Eating an apple post-workout (or anything sweet but hopefully still healthy) or some Gatorade helps too. Your body needs some sugar post-workout to replace what it just used. Just don't want to give it too much and go into a sugar coma.

It also makes you hold water. Don't worry about this, though. I'm assuming you aren't going to a fitness competition soon so don't worry about carrying a pound or two extra temporarily.

Don't get too worried about the details. Just trying to highlight some of the general ideas so that you are aware. Creatine is cheap, has no negative health effects, and has been scientifically proven to work. It'll help, regardless of the details of how you take it and when.