Anyone want to do Insanity with me?

I've tried 3 times and the farthest I've gotten is 2.5 weeks. I need a partner in this. I've got 20 pounds I need to get rid of and I want to feel healthier. I'm also thinking about following the meal plan too. I have a torrent that I can link you to so you don't have to buy it. I'm starting on Monday.

You might find some useful info in Casey's juicing and the weightlifting threads. Obviously not targeted towards insanity but generally focused on weight loss and strength training.

I'd really at least give a good hard look at juicing based on some of the numbers those guys were reporting. It's hard mentally to stick to but hey, if it was easy we would all be ripped. But you can eat more and do more cardio or eat less and do less cardio (ie, both will produce results over the status quo).

I'll send out the torrent links tonight. My brothers agreed to partner with me in this too. We live a few hours apart but we downloaded the lose it app to monitor eachothers progress. He's done insanity all the way through twice and he's lost 80 pounds from high school, so he's a big inspiration. Well do Skype sessions when it lines up. There's a National/Frightebed Rabbit concert that falls on the last day of this in Vancouver, so that'll be our reward! I'll monitor my progress on here starting tomorrow.

Day one was rough. I felt sick but I feel great having done it. My results were mediocre, I'll post them later. I weighed in at 227.8, which is more than I thought, so I've got some work ahead of me.

Yeah I weighed in at 156 which is only 9lbs short of my heaviest ever (I weighed 125 in high school). I did the first one at 8 tonight and I'm doing the second one tomorrow morning before work which is probably stupid but it's the only choice I have. I didn't really record how many I did of each because I was to busy trying not to die, but I have a rough idea. 

I've done the program twice through, and am currently doing it but modified since I'm working two jobs and can't do it every day.

I highly recommend you stick with it...I realized I had gotten a bit out of shape during college and Insanity got me back into the best shape of my life. If you stick with it you will see results. The biggest thing is getting the motivation to do it every day but once you get into groove, pretty much after week one you should be set. It helps when you can actually see the results on a day to day basis as well. I'd also say try not to weigh yourself every day it should be more about getting in shape and feeling good than caring exactly how much you weigh...good luck and my only advice is to go at your own pace and you'll feel yourself getting stronger ever day, now I sound like Shaun T!

In fairness, Kriss is doing pretty well with the juicing.

Mentioned this earlier. I can't believe you have real dudes reporting losing 20 pounds in 20 days only by dieting and you have people who want to jump around in their living room and sweat their ass off to probably lose 5 over the same amount of time. But this will be my last post in here because I don't want to be a negative nancy when dudes are trying to keep each other motivated.

These programs do work but it's all about calories in / calories out. You can get the same results with a good free-weight program 3 times a week and proper diet. If insanity is the way you want to go, then cool. It will work. But it's a crash exercise program. Should come out of it ready to go into a sustainable exercise program for long-term strength gain / fat loss, not burning yourself out by doing it frequently or taking long periods of time to recuperate where you pack it back on. Things like "muscle confusion" (I know that is a P90x term, but I lump the two together) are gimmicks. Look at the strongest dudes in the world (even going back to before they were all on roids) -- they focus on about 4 full-body exercises. Clearly they didn't need muscle confusion.

My 2 cents. I know I'm just a dude on a message board but I can point out references to back my claims if anyone disagrees.

Good luck fellas.

I appreciate your advice. I'm doing insanity because I need a head start/boost. I'm focusing as much on this as I am fixing my diet. I've got my brother helping me out a ton. I'm excited to see this through.

Cool. Watch the documentary "Fat, Sick and Nearly Dead" if you haven't.

It's about juicing and I know you aren't interested in that route. But 1) it's an interesting watch and 2) watching men who are nearly what you would call "morbidly obese" turning that train all the way around to being fit almost entirely through their diet is incredibly motivating. Even if it just causes you to eat 20% healthier (but hopefully more) it is worth the hour and half investment and will pair well with Insanity.

I will do that for sure.  I just don't think I'd be able to keep up with juicing yet, that's why I'm not doing it.  I want to adjust my diet to something sustainable/more permanent.  I want to feel healthier/fitter, and I've seen a couple of people in my life have success with insanity and keep the weight off afterwards. I really do appreciate your advice though and I hope you chime in every now and then.