PO: Tim Kasher - Adult Film

i'm a lifer Tim K fan but i'm ready for a new classic.

last Tim K classic was Album of the Year.  that is way in the past at this point.

I love everything Tim Kasher has ever put out. Some are better than others but all are great to me.   I saw him in March and he played 6 songs of the new album and the songs were great. Lots of the  stuff on the new one is  about mortality and there is a song on the album he wrote for his niece I believe. 

i'm a lifer Tim K fan but i'm ready for a new classic.

last Tim K classic was Album of the Year.  that is way in the past at this point.

That is craziness.

I will agree with you that the last few Cursive albums (while solid) are not "classic" albums, his Goodlife and solo stuff has all been phenomenal. Help Wanted Nights was such an amazing album. I feel it was much stronger than Album of the Year... especially the last track Rest Your Head.

• 2 weeks later...

I don't hear it sounding like Domestica at all, I get more of a louder Good Life/Desaparecidos vibe

Will be buying this without question

good.  i thought my ears were broken.  the songs don't sound really angry or aggressive.  it actually sounds really poppy for a kasher release.  i'm psyched.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Tim Kasher continues the mid-life crisis explored on his debut solo album, 2010's The Game of Monogamy, with Adult Film, the latest full-length to bear the Cursive frontman's birth name. The 39-year-old fretted about mortality on "Truly Freaking Out" (via Rolling Stone) and he mourns the slow death of his romantic relationship with the just-unveiled "Where's Your Heart Lie." It's easy to imagine Kasher hunched over a piano, drunk and on the verge of blubbering, playing the fuzzed-over track and wondering aloud, "Where's your heart lie / When you're lying next to me / Does it lie inside a fantasy of us living blissfully / Swaddled in denial, naive to who I was before I fucked it up and stripped you of your love?"

http://www.spin.com/articles/tim-kasher-wheres-your-heart-lie-cursive-saddle-stream/

• 1 month later...

An update from Saddle Creek today:

Thanks for your order of the Tim Kasher LP "Adult Film". As we've mentioned, we hit some pretty significant manufacturing snags with this release.

Right now, we're waiting on an approvable test pressing of the record. We hope to get another copy this week which we hope to listen to (and approve, fingers crossed) immediately. Once approved, we can begin getting them pressed and passed on to you fine folks.

Trust us: there is no one who wants this done more than we do! We're hoping you're enjoying the album download and hope the wait is well worth it once the album arrives on your doorstep!

We appreciate your patience and understanding as we do our best to get this resolved.

Thanks,

Saddle Creek

I purchased this over 3 months ago on July 24th, and this was supposed to ship over a month ago on September 24th. They are still waiting on TEST PRESSES!?

no, they aren't waiting on test pressings. this was already test pressed, pressed, then it was found to be defective. that takes us up to the original time frame. so they ordered new tests and here we are.

Ok. Makes more sense then. Would have been nice to have heard this information from them though. All they have said was that there were "delays in manufacturing".