My last post about the VC Cooperative Label

Guest admin1338560633

Guest Admin

As exciting as selling 200 involvement units in 8 minutes was, it has been extremely draining to see that so many great people missed out on this opportunity. When I originally had this idea, I was planning on doing only 100 units and the initial reaction to the idea made me reconsider and do 200.

I realize that these 200 units went to message boarders and non-message boarders alike and I also know that there are quite a few people left without being able to buy in. There have been lots of suggestions as to what we should do and as I have considered everything posted, I have come up with the following:

I was able to delete a handful of double purchases and have reconsidered Vinyl Collective getting 10 copies of the rarest color in addition to the # of copies we will be selling in the store. Because of these two things, we will have a handful of units for sale. The only fair way I can think of to offer these units is to have a list created of people who missed out and in lottery fashion, pick a handful of people who will get the opportunity to buy in. I have created this thread on the message board where you can put your full name if you missed out on buying in. On Monday, we will invite around 15 more people (give or take) to buy in on the Cooperative Label. The names of the people who still haven't received a chance to buy a unit, will be put on a waiting list and if the opportunity ever presents itself, you will be invited to join.

I realize that after all this is done, there will still be some people who will have missed out. I am very sorry that this will happen, but with anything for sale in limited numbers, the chance does happen. For those message boarders who have a greater number of posts, this was never a criteria for being involved in the Cooperative label. As much as I value our message boarders, I think that it must be taken into account that there are many people who may just read our message board and never post, but that doesn't make that person any less excited about vinyl collecting or about being involved in this project. Sure there are some really fantastic people who frequently post on our message board and at the end of the day, I would love to see all those people involved, but due to the reception of this idea, not everyone will have the opportunity to be involved.

I just hope that after Monday, everyone is ok about their getting or not getting a chance to be involved. I also want to thank all of you for making this such an overwhelming success. Being an idea man, I have had so many ideas just sit in limbo. To have an idea not only become reality but to receive such a great response really makes me feel awesome. I am having a beer in celebration right now!

• Replies 274
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic