Melvins-Tres Cabrones

http://lambgoat.com/news/20905/Melvins-announce-new-album-with-original-drummer

The Melvins are set to release Tres Cabrones, a 12-song release that finds Buzz Osborne and Dale Crover reuniting with original drummer Mike Dillard, on Nov. 5 via Ipecac Recordings.

"Tres Cabrones is as close as we're willing to get to the Melvins 1983 line-up," explained Osborne. "The best part is it's all new songs. I specifically wrote tunes that would be good for these guys to play and it worked out great. We had no interest in rehashing tunes we wrote 30 years ago and chose instead to simply create NEW songs. It worked out perfectly."

"Making the Tres Cabrones record was a real treat indeed. It's a trip down memory lane complete with debauchery and ultra violence, " said Dillard, who left the band in 1984 only to be replaced by Crover.

"After 30 years we release a record with the (almost) original line-up of the band," added Crover. "I've always felt that drummer Mike Dillard was one of us. It's great that he's still a piece of the puzzle! Plus, I get to see what it's like being the bass player in the Melvins! Tres Cabrones indeed!"

No information on vinyl, but i'm sure it will be pressed in ultra limited and expensive versions.

sick. Hopefully it wont cost a fortune.  I saw them last night and they were phenomenal. 

Agreed, though whatever it costs I'm buying it.  This is going to be ill.  I saw them Sat. night and they were amazeballs.  Honky was killer as always and I thought it was rad that Dale played drums with them for their set.  Dale Crover is probably one of the best drummers I've ever seen and terribly under rated.

• 2 months later...

Any word on vinyl for this?

Little late to reply to this, sorry. There isn't going to be a full length vinyl version according to Buzz. Many of the songs have already been released on 7s and 10s. They will most likely release the remaining tracks the same way. I heard this in a few interviews but I can't remember which ones. 

Little late to reply to this, sorry. There isn't going to be a full length vinyl version according to Buzz. Many of the songs have already been released on 7s and 10s. They will most likely release the remaining tracks the same way. I heard this in a few interviews but I can't remember which ones.

Somewhat disappointing but at least I don't have to worry about getting one now since the Melvins vinyl usually sells out super quick.

Couldn't bring myself to checkout. Would have paid around 50, but 113 was to much for me. Congrats to you nothingnatural!

Thanks. I knew it would be expensive but Melvins are one of my top all time favorites so I will pay the high prices. My order went through just a bit before the Facebook announcement as I already had their shirt site open. I'm glad I did as the site slowed to a halt after the Facebook post.

• 2 weeks later...