Post a pic of your favorite colored vinyl...

rkfoster8

Really? Every store I went to when I went down the OC had excessively overpriced stuff.

You gotta find the little hole in the wall shops that don't come up on a Google/GMaps search. 

It also really depends on what your looking for and your luck, like TIMP said there are some really awesome stores/store owners in and around the Southern California area that may tend to cater more to the locals as would any other store but some honorable stores I would say would be, Factory Records in Newport, TKO Records in HB, Left of the Dial in Santa Ana & maybe Dr Freeclouds in Fountain Valley, but some can be a bit over the top with prices like Port of Sound in Costa Mesa, it's all about the luck of the dig though really..

^Woah.

If I could only pick one, it'd be this one:

tumblr_n69stu9DRY1sh4i2oo1_1280.jpg

This is one of those albums where everything about it - the music, the album cover, and the color of the vinyl - is tied together with a unifying theme, which makes it that much more unique. It's metallic blue, so it's a different shade of blue depending on how the light hits it, and there is a hint of black swirl to it too. Definitely one of the highlights of my collection.

If you've never heard of this album and you like ambient, analog electronic music that makes you feel like you're floating in the ocean, I'd highly recommend checking this one out and trying to track down a copy.

Does your copy have a lot of surface noise too? I've been thinking about selling my copy because it sounds so bad. I agree that the color is cool though.

• 2 weeks later...