FYS - rise or die trying apreesh post

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Daggermouth>SYG>FYS

The last song on the latest Daggermouth is one of the heartbreaking hardcore songs I've ever heard in my life. I respect the fact that they write about traditional hardcore topics (scene politics etc) but also manage to write emotionally moving songs. I mean fuck the opening line of "You Do This As a Fad, We Do This As a Lifestyle" when the 6/8th part comes in and he sings "Sit down, I've got some bad news that you won't want to hear

Your best friend was murdered late last night by the man she wed last year," it kills me each time. Maybe it's because I can relate to the lyrics, but Daggermouth has always seemed the more real of the three.

SYG still have some great songs, and FYS are fun but when I'm looking for content/speed/fun I hit up some Daggermouth.

Daggermouth>SYG>FYS

The last song on the latest Daggermouth is one of the heartbreaking hardcore songs I've ever heard in my life. I respect the fact that they write about traditional hardcore topics (scene politics etc) but also manage to write emotionally moving songs. I mean fuck the opening line of "You Do This As a Fad, We Do This As a Lifestyle" when the 6/8th part comes in and he sings "Sit down, I've got some bad news that you won't want to hear

Your best friend was murdered late last night by the man she wed last year," it kills me each time. Maybe it's because I can relate to the lyrics, but Daggermouth has always seemed the more real of the three.

SYG still have some great songs, and FYS are fun but when I'm looking for content/speed/fun I hit up some Daggermouth.

totally agree with you 110% on this. Daggermouth just seemed so much more sincere than SYG or FYS. It sucks that they may not be a band anymore from what i've heard...

Daggermouth>SYG>FYS

The last song on the latest Daggermouth is one of the most heartbreaking hardcore songs I've ever heard in my life. I respect the fact that they write about traditional hardcore topics (scene politics etc) but also manage to write emotionally moving songs. I mean fuck the opening line of "You Do This As a Fad, We Do This As a Lifestyle" when the 6/8th part comes in and he sings "Sit down, I've got some bad news that you won't want to hear

totally agree with you 110% on this. Daggermouth just seemed so much more sincere than SYG or FYS. It sucks that they may not be a band anymore from what i've heard...

Really? Goddammit. I was hoping the "breakdown" was only going to be temporary.

Really? Goddammit. I was hoping the "breakdown" was only going to be temporary.

its just what I heard, I havent talked to nick in months so its not directly from the band... but its not like I just read it on a board, there was an actual conversation involved with a friend o f theirs, so its sort of reliable I think? I really hope they and myself are wrong on this though!

Guest genericinsight
also

Title Fight, Bangarang, The Erection Kids, all and any PA pop punk/hardcore crossover fused bands > FYS and SYG.

biased like the Kansas City Chiefs fan that I am.

Bangarang was pretty good, too bad they broke up. I can't say I'm into Title Fight though, it's probably because this pop punk/hardcore thing is very hit or miss for me. Some bands I really like and others I just can't get into.