***MYLENE SHEATH Forums!***...+more! (Post-Rock; Caspian, GFE, ITTCT, Giants)

it took me 5 weeks to get i caspian record from there (it was not a pre order), I contacted them and they said they were swamped because of the pelican 7" pre order.... Well mylene I ordered mine well before the shipping date on the pelican pre order.

Overall, this has been my own experience with them they are slow, they overcharge for the shipping ($4.60 for a single LP WTF?) then the funniest part is the shipping label says $2.73, and there is more but....

**two people run the sheath, and they sell out almost every single thing they put out, AND they over charge for shipping, I'd think that MAYBE with all that money they hire some people to make things I little smoother over there.

So your bitching about 1.87 to pack your fucking LP in a real LP mailer with a cardboard insert, bubble wrap and packing tape...I bet you think that shit is delivered at night by the independent label fairy along with their 15.99 monthly subscription to stamps.com and their paypal fees huh?  Godfuckingforbid they charge you an extra 1.87 what ever will you do!?

And you think they make enough to "hire" someone? What planet are you from?  What do you think the margins on vinyl looks like?

I have every single release this label has put out I have been buying from them since 2007 and have had zero problems with the hundreds of orders I have placed...but maybe you had a bad experience.  :rolleyes: 

So your bitching about 1.87 to pack your fucking LP in a real LP mailer with a cardboard insert, bubble wrap and packing tape...I bet you think that shit is delivered at night by the independent label fairy along with their 15.99 monthly subscription to stamps.com and their paypal fees huh?  Godfuckingforbid they charge you an extra 1.87 what ever will you do!?

And you think they make enough to "hire" someone? What planet are you from?  What do you think the margins on vinyl looks like?

I have every single release this label has put out I have been buying from them since 2007 and have had zero problems with the hundreds of orders I have placed...but maybe you had a bad experience.  :rolleyes:

Well put.  I consider $4.00 the minimum I'm going to pay for shipping in the US and that price point seems to be less common too.  I don't know how someone can bitch about paying $4.60 for shipping for a single LP, it's asinine.

• 2 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

love yr work Ryan. I have to throw my hat in the pro-Sheath ring. Been ordering since '07, living in different places all over the world and have never had an issue. Maybe there was a 1 percenter that went wrong, but they fixed it immediately. I've been collecting vinyl for a couple decades now and the Sheath, hands down, work the hardest for their customers.

Head over to the board. Have a chinwag. Not only Sheath stuff either, there's plenty over there to satiate all music needs.

love yr work Ryan. I have to throw my hat in the pro-Sheath ring. Been ordering since '07, living in different places all over the world and have never had an issue. Maybe there was a 1 percenter that went wrong, but they fixed it immediately. I've been collecting vinyl for a couple decades now and the Sheath, hands down, work the hardest for their customers.

Head over to the board. Have a chinwag. Not only Sheath stuff either, there's plenty over there to satiate all music needs.

Cheers to you! :)

haha I know that convo about shipping is from about 6 months ago...but thats awesome. "Mylene Sheath is getting rich on shipping overcharges!" MS is by far one of the coolest, most consecutively solid, well organized labels I have ever dealt with. Top notch attention to detail with their releases, reminds me of Hydra Head in those regards, and very personable. I remember back when I pre-ordered Tertia I got a hand written note that said "Thanks Kyle. Play this fucking loud!" I love little touches like that. Makes me feel part of a community rather than some shlub who dishes out $30 for a 15 year old album, which is the almighty trend in the hobby as of late.