RPG Fans

Today I picked up Mana Khemia: Alchemists of Al-Revis, and just played it a bit. It is very reminiscent of old snes era rpgs, which were great. The graphics look like an upgraded SNES game with a strange 2-D/3-D kind cell shade thing going on. I have not played into it too much, but the first 20 mins were just running around exploring the school and not much story have been reviled yet. I figured I'd share this game with those who were fans of the snes style rpgs.

A lot of good RPGs coming out in the next few months as well. Persona 3 FES is out next week, which I can't wait to pick up. Spectral Force 3 is coming out in 2-3 weeks for the 360, which looks amazing as I am a huge TRPG fan. Anyone else pick up any good rpgs lately?

Guest falloutcollapse

Nerd.

Just kidding, I really wish I had the patience to play video games. I always buy games but end up selling them to my friends because I have no patience for them. I did play NBA Street 1 for PS2 for two hours the other day, but they were just short pick-up matches.

Guest falloutcollapse

I'm a nerd too. And I really don't like sports games either, because I find them too long to play as well. I just really have a short attention span I think.

I just picked up House Of The Dead 2&3 for my wii.

almost picked this up. saw it on sale on amazon for $20 last week.

I was a big fan of the Shining Force series for Sega Genesis.

You'll have to let me know how Mana Khemia is after you've played it a bit more. I considered buying but I'm still on the fence. Last RPG I got was Lost Odyssey and it was good I guess but I haven't beaten it yet. About 16 hours in and I'm playing it very little. It just seemed... dare I say "too" cinematic and slow. All the videos and some other factors (battles taking forever for example) really slow down the pace of the game and it gets quite bothersome after a while. It really bothers me that I'm not playing it much because the game has most of the stuff I've ever wanted in an RPG.

The best RPGs were definitely SNES era games. Final Fantasy IV-VI, Chrono Trigger, the Lunar Series, Super Mario RPG, Shining Force and the like. There's been a few greats since then but overall I think RPGs haven't been as good. I am just speaking about Japanese RPGs though. Oblivion beats all the old American style RPGs.

Has anyone checked out Eternal Sonata? I want it so bad, but I'm waiting for the price to go down before I pick it up.

I've heard good and bad things about it. I plan on picking it up sometime, but my backlog of games is huge and my time to play them is not :(.

@subscript: I bought my 360 pretty much for LO, and I was horribly disappointed. The game is really boring, in both story and game play. The 20 min. flashbacks of text are annoying, the normal battles are too easy and the boss battles are too hard. It seems like the game has no balance to it. I am not sure if I'll go back and play it or not, but right now it's dropped way down on my list.

Also Shining Force games are amazing. I only ever did beat 1 though, I got near the end of 2 and my battery died causing me to lose all my saves. You should check out Spectal Force 3 that comes out for the 360 next month, it is a TRPG just like the SF games. Do you know if any of the SF games for ps2 are any good?

I'm picking up Rondo of Swords for the DS tonight or tomorrow. It is an SRPG (like Final Fantasy Tactics or Disgaea) with what seems like an awesome stylus interface. Hope it doesn't suck. I am also going to secure my copy of Persona 3 FES.

Speaking of P3, will any of the time I put into the original transfer over to the new version, or will I be starting from scratch?

I'm picking up Rondo of Swords for the DS tonight or tomorrow. It is an SRPG (like Final Fantasy Tactics or Disgaea) with what seems like an awesome stylus interface. Hope it doesn't suck. I am also going to secure my copy of Persona 3 FES.

Speaking of P3, will any of the time I put into the original transfer over to the new version, or will I be starting from scratch?

I'm not sure, it's been pretty vague on if P3 and FES are both included or not. I preoreded it out at the gamestop in Montrose yesterday.

I'm not sure, it's been pretty vague on if P3 and FES are both included or not. I preoreded it out at the gamestop in Montrose yesterday.

Both are included, I was just curious if it would recognize my save from the regular game, or just take my socil link and besitary data, or just make me start over (which I'll probably do)...

Both are included, I was just curious if it would recognize my save from the regular game, or just take my socil link and besitary data, or just make me start over (which I'll probably do)...

It should. I know with FES you can use your completed save from 3 to play, so I don't see why it'd be different for you to start at the same point in 3.

It should. I know with FES you can use your completed save from 3 to play, so I don't see why it'd be different for you to start at the same point in 3.

I know they added some content to the main story, so I will probably restart the whole thing. I am only 10 hours in, so it isn't as bad as restarting Nocturne on two different occasions at 25+ hours each time. I hate forgetting what I'm doing when I step away from a game for a while...

I know they added some content to the main story, so I will probably restart the whole thing. I am only 10 hours in, so it isn't as bad as restarting Nocturne on two different occasions at 25+ hours each time. I hate forgetting what I'm doing when I step away from a game for a while...

Might as well give it a shot. I've done that on many occassions as well, and it sucks when you are far in and have to start over.

Nothing touches Chrono Trigger, that game was amazing. I'm a huge RPG fan, but the last one I bought was FF12 and I only played about 2 hours and life pulled me away. I should definitely start that game back up, I mean what else are summers good for other than staying inside and playing RPG's all day?

Nothing touches Chrono Trigger, that game was amazing. I'm a huge RPG fan, but the last one I bought was FF12 and I only played about 2 hours and life pulled me away. I should definitely start that game back up, I mean what else are summers good for other than staying inside and playing RPG's all day?

I don't do shit until night time anyway regardless of the season, since I work and all my friends work. So I just sit and play for a few hours, go out, come home and play more. Though I did not play any games las summer, just a bunch fall-now.