PO: Roger Waters (Pink Floyd) - Amused to Death

markaj311

Today is finally the day. Only waitied like 3 years since this was first announced! :lol:

I pre-ordered the pic disc, strictly as a collectable since I don't like their sound, from Amazon. I ran out to a record store on Friday morning only to find out that apparently the 200g black vinyl is only being sold online! Bummer.

Picked up the CD re-issue while I was at the store and returned home to order the black vinyl online. The vinyl should be here by Tuesday which is cool and I've got the CD to listen to in the mean time.

Anyone else take a listen yet? I was surprised by a lot of it. I knew there was going to be a remix, but I had no idea that a lot of stuff was being re-recorded as well.

How different is it? I decided not to buy the pic disc. I didnt realize the black was only sold online. Is it only on his site?

Didn't see your question til just now. As for where to get the black version, your best bet is directly from the Analogue Productions website.

As for the mix, everything is very subtle changes except for the song The Bravery Of Being Out Of Range. There's a ton of changes to that song in particular including new vocals.

Please leave a review on the black vinyl!

Spun the whole album last night. Pretty much what I expected to be honest. I have to say again that I was and still am very surprised at how good the pic disc sounded. Having said that, the black vinyl absolutely destroys it. Zero complaints all the way across the board.