GG Allin, Iggy & The Stooges and Ike & Tina Turner 11-inch picture disc/DVD combos out 10/1

From the inbox:

MVD Combines Vinyl Picturedisc LPs with DVD Documentaries 
for a Unique Package Tailored to Fans 

Initial Releases from Ike & Tina, Iggy & The Stooges, and GG Allin
Coming October 1
MVD Entertainment Group has announced a new concept for music packaging... They are combining picturedisc LPs with DVD documentaries. The first few releases are from Ike & TinaIggy & The Stooges, and GG Allin, and will be streeting on October 1st. MVD COO Ed Seamanexplains...

"Shelf space at all retail is such a challenge nowadays, at major chains and indie retail alike, especially for music documentaries on DVD. Vinyl is a growth area in the industry, and picturedisc vinyl is highly collectible. By packaging these great music documentaries with picturedisc vinyl, we get new placement at retail and enlighten a whole new generation of fans." 

Details on the first three releases is below...
MVD5901LP.jpgIke & Tina Turner - On The Road Picturedisc And DVD VINYL

11" vinyl picture disc and DVD combo from the iconic couple captured live in the early 70s

11" live vinyl picture disc plus DVD! In the early 70's, legendary rock photographer Bob Gruen and his wife Nadya toured with Ike & Tina Turner and filmed them performing, on the road, and behind the scenes. Now for the first time ever this footage is unveiled. This is a look inside a hardworking band as well as an iconic couple.

Track Listing/Features:  
  • Pick Me Up (Take Me Where Your Home Is)
  • I've Been Loving You Too Long
  • I Smell Trouble
  • Proud Mary
Sales Points:
  • Extensive National Publicity and Marketing Campaigns
Pre-Book: 08/27/2013 UPC: 760137590118 Box Lot: 0 Audio: STEREO  Street: 10/01/2013 SRP: $29.99 Run Time: 81 min. Genre: Pop/Rock SKU# MVD5901LP Your Price: $ # of Discs: 2 disc(s) Label: MVD VISUAL
MVD5911LP.jpgIggy And The Stooges - Live In Detroit 2003 Picturedisc And DVD VINYL

11" inch picture vinyl and DVD in one package!

This 11" picture disc vinyl and DVD feature Iggy Pop and the original lineup of the Stooges (except for bassist, filled in by indie legend Mike Watt) performing at their first Detroit homecoming in 29 years.

Track Listing/Features:
  • Down On The Street
  • I Wanna Be Your Dog
  • Real Cool Time
  • Funhouse
  • Not Right
Pre-Book: 08/27/2013 UPC: 760137591115 Box Lot: 0 Audio: STEREO  Street: 10/01/2013 SRP: $29.99 Run Time: 100 min. Genre: Alternative/Punk SKU# MVD5911LP Your Price: $ # of Discs: 1 disc(s) Label: MVD VISUAL
MVD5904LP.jpgGG Allin - Hated Picturedisc And DVD VINYL

11" picture disc vinyl and DVD combo from the mighty GG Allin

Special version with live 11" picture disc vinyl! This special edition of the legendary documentary from filmmaker Todd Phillips consists of the most detailed and intimate footage the world will ever see of GG Allin. Both fans and critics alike have praised this film for its truthfully brutal portrait of an American Rock N Roll icon at the peak of his madness.

Track Listing/Features:
  • Die When You Die
  • Bite It You Scum
  • Gypsy Motherfucker
  • Cunt Sucking Cannibal
  • Outlaw Scumfuc
  • When I Die
Pre-Book: 08/27/2013 UPC: 760137590415 Box Lot: 0 Audio: STEREO  Street: 10/01/2013 SRP: $29.99 Run Time: 60 min. Genre: Alternative/Punk SKU# MVD5904LP Your Price: $ # of Discs: 2 disc(s) Label: MVD VISUAL

"Shelf space at all retail is such a challenge nowadays, at major chains and indie retail alike, especially for music documentaries on DVD. Vinyl is a growth area in the industry, and picturedisc vinyl is highly collectible. By packaging these great music documentaries with picturedisc vinyl, we get new placement at retail and enlighten a whole new generation of fans."

Ah yes, all that placement space that major retail chains have for 11" records. What up MiniDisc part 2?

BKR, has he ever had a run in with Merle? I know he sells a lot of his brothers stuff.

Not as far as I know. He's not very close with the family anymore but he does help them out financially from time to time. On a side note I've heard some of the craziest stories about GG.

You should find the video of him swimming at a relatives pool. It's on YouTube. The bizarre thing about it is that nothing happens, he is just hanging out and swimming. I think at one point he is cleaning it too. It's just odd because he is all bruised and cut up with his crappy tattoos and fu manchu moustache.

As much as I hate picture discs, I am going to probably have to get that Ike and Tina one. If the dvd is actually never before released footage it should be pretty damn cool. I found a live performance of them in Europe on Netlfix and they completely killed it.

I've seen Hated and other GG stuff. Interesting like watching a terrible car accident, but not something most people need to own.