PO: Lemuria - Secret 7"

kylet

Anybody see this?

From Lemuria's facebook:
Secret 7" Bundles just went up! For a very limited time we will be taking orders for a secret 7" that we are self releasing. That means this will only be available through the Lemuria online store, and will not be in stores or with distributors. Go grab a bundle here: www.lemuriapop.com

http://lemuriapop.storenvy.com/

Probably gonna hold off. A little steep for me.

• 4 weeks later...

RT @Modernvinyl Lemuria has revealed the contents of their secret 7", modern-vinyl.com/2013/10/24/lemuria-to-release-secret-7/

"The contents of 0f the 7″ have been revealed. Both “Race The Germ” and “Big Gold Adults” are included, which were “written and recorded in the same sessions as our debut album Get Better, but for whatever reason they did not make it onto the album.” There will be only one pressing of the tracks."

Hmmm, not sure if I want to spend $15 on a 7". All posters, stickers, and pins I get these days go in a desk drawer.

I'll probably end up buying it anyways, I love this band too much ha.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...

I always enjoyed Race the germ, so I'm very glad that's finally on vinyl.

The second song is a little darker, definitely 'rock'-esque with the power chords. Vocals are second to the music, which wasn't always the case on most tracks of that release. You can tell it would have been an odd ball track on Get Better, for the better or worse. Starts with someone eating potato chips, which is always cool. Certainly recommended.

• 1 month later...

In case anyone wanted this or was on the fence and missed out, the band just put a couple dozen of the small bundles up in their store. 7", beanie and sticker ain't bad for $20 shipped. Here's the message I got via email from the band.

Hey,
Over the winter time we ran a secret bundle through our merch store that ended up being 2 tracks that were recorded during the Get Better sessions that never made it on the album.  Thanks to everyone who helped the records fly out the door!

We held onto a couple dozen of the records in case there was any issues, defects, postal mishaps, etc.  Now that some time has passed we are tossing them back on the merch store.  They will only be up today.  You can go grab the record here:  www.lemuriapop.com

Also, while you're on the site, go check out our tour dates.  We've added many for this spring and summer.

Thanks!
Alex