Places To Eat In California

Hey People. So I'm about to leave tonight on an almost two week road trip from Seattle through California. What are some good cheapish places to eat. I'm going from Seattle to San Francisco. Then to Fresno. From Fresno to Aneheim and then on to San Diego. Then all the way back in one long shot.

You should make it out to Huntington Beach and check out a place on beach blvd called philly grille. Its right on beach and RIGHT before Indianapolis. While you're in Huntington Beach walk around Main Street and go to Ruby's at the end of the Huntington Beach pier. If you can make it out to Laguna Beach, try a place called Taco Loco. Its awesome too.

There's a place in Pasadena called Burger Continental that was great. If you want some chinese food there's a place called Sam Woo off the 5 at Culver in Irvine.

if you don't eat at In N Out Burger you're insane

haha

I already told my girlfriend that we had to go since everyone on here was flipping their shit over it. What was that Animal Style thing everyone was talking about?

It's in the secret menu

http://www.in-n-out.com/secretmenu.asp

[image]

[image]

[image]

Here is the full list

"3-by-3" = three meat patties and three slices of cheese.

"4-by-4" = four meat patties and four slices of cheese.

"2-by-4" = two meat patties and four slices of cheese.

*Note: You can get a burger with as many meat patties or cheese slices as you want. Just tell the In-N-Out Burger cashier how many meat patties and how much cheese you want and that is what you'll get! For instance, if you want 6 pieces of meat and 10 pieces of cheese tell them you want a "6-by-10."

"Double Meat" = like a Double Double without cheese.

"3 by Meat" = three meat patties and no cheese.

"Animal Style" = the meat is cooked and fried with mustard and then pickles are added, extra spread and grilled onions are added.

"Animal Style Fries" = fries with cheese, spread, grilled onions and pickles (if you ask for them).

"Protein Style" = for all you low-carbohydrate dieters, this is a burger with no bun (wrapped in lettuce).

"Flying Dutchman" = two meat patties, two slices of melted cheese and nothing else - not even a bun!

Fries "Well-Done" = extra crispy fries . . . even better than the regular!

Fries "Light" = opposite of fries well-done, more raw than most people like 'em

"Grilled Cheese" = no meat, just melted cheese, tomato, lettuce and spread on a bun.

"Veggie Burger" = burger without the patty or cheese. Sometimes we call this the "Wish Burger."

"Neapolitan" Shake = strawberry, vanilla and chocolate blended together.

In-and-out definately. Also in San Fran when I was on tour I ate at some place called Worlds Best Burgers. At that time since I was hungry it was delicious. And if your looking for a nice Vegan place (in case your into that) and want to spend the money, eat at Herbavore. That place is fucking tasty but a bit pricey. And I ate at a really good vegan chinese place in Berkley. Im actually not much help at all, What do I know, I live in Seattle, just eat at in-and-out and you should be fine and bring me back a souvenir, like a burger or something. Fat kids got to eat too.

In-N-Out (all over)

Philly's Best (Long Beach, HB, Irvine, etc.)

Ruby's (HB Pier)

Wahoo's (most beach cities)

Fatburger

Philipe's (near Dodger Stadium -- awesome sandwiches and pie)

Your best bet for good food is to hit L.A./West Hollywood or any of the beach cities. Tons of good little places with cool atmospheres, good food, etc.

I'll second this one big time: Philipe's. Its where the french dip started. Its also right next to Olvera (spelling?) Street, another must if you're in the area. Also try the Pantry, another LA institution in downtown. Speaking of Dodger stadium you should time it so you're in LA for a Dodger game.

I'll second this one big time: Philipe's. Its where the french dip started. Its also right next to Olvera (spelling?) Street, another must if you're in the area. Also try the Pantry, another LA institution in downtown. Speaking of Dodger stadium you should time it so you're in LA for a Dodger game.

I'll second the Pantry as well.

And I'll add the Counter (build your own burger) in Santa Monica.

I'll second the Pantry as well.

And I'll add the Counter (build your own burger) in Santa Monica.

You sir are a gentleman and a scholar.