PO: GHOST - If You Have Ghost

Guest Secular Haze

My copy showed up warped.  I hope to hear back after the holidays about a refund.  I sent photos of it after they asked on Monday.  it almost killed my TT playing it (I didn't notice the warp was bad till it was on the platter), but it did play at 33rpm; I don't know what was written on it... too lazy to go check.  heh.  I got the US version.

I have both editions in front of me. Detailed differences:

US edition:

darker orange color on the front/back cover

Record label states 45 RPM

code on the spine: B0019515-01 and only very small republic records logo

next to the barcode on the back cover: republicrecords.com and Loma Vista, Rise Above and Republic logo

Euro edition:

lighter brighter orange color on the front/back cover

Record label states 33 RPM

code on the spine: SPINE759775 and Loma Vista,Repblic Records and Spinefarm records logos

Next to the barcode on the back: spinefarmrecords.com, republicrecords.com and Loma Vista, Rise Above, Republic and Spinefarm Records logo

Barcode 602537597758 the same for both issues

Fonttype and size the same for both issues

Cover: If you have Ghost (so no mentioning of B.C. on both US and Euro pressing)

Hope this helps

US edition:

next to the barcode on the back cover: republicrecords.com and Loma Vista, Rise Above and Republic logo

Euro edition:

code on the spine: SPINE759775 and Loma Vista,Repblic Records and Spinefarm records logos

Next to the barcode on the back: spinefarmrecords.com, republicrecords.com and Loma Vista, Rise Above, Republic and Spinefarm Records logo

Cover: If you have Ghost (so no mentioning of B.C. on both US and Euro pressing)

Hope this helps

I'm guessing your Euro version is the black vinyl, correct?  Because I have the clear/Swedish version and the font for "If You Have" is totally different on that one when compared to the US copy.  Also, the Ghost logo is larger on the clear/Swedish version.  In fact, it looks like the whole cover is "zoomed" when compared to the US version.  Anyone else notice that?

• 7 months later...
  • 1 year later...

Rising this thread from the grave as my first post! I hope I'm not breaking any rules ><

Long story short, I'm from the US, and I'm looking for the 45 RPM version of If You Have Ghost. If those are still available.

It sounds like my best options to order from HotStuff or Bengans? Is this a sure thing, or are 45 RPM versions a "luck of the draw"?

Thanks!

Long story short, I'm from the US, and I'm looking for the 45 RPM version of If You Have Ghost. If those are still available.

It sounds like my best options to order from HotStuff or Bengans? Is this a sure thing, or are 45 RPM versions a "luck of the draw"?

I don't think there are any versions of this that are 45 RPM. The early versions had misprinted labels that said 45 RPM, but they played at 33 1/3. 

However, I've been known to be wrong.

I contacted bengans and they said their version is from Republic, EAN/UPC 602537597758 which should correspond to the EU version mentioned by 3TA-BIRD  http://www.discogs.com/Ghost-If-You-Have-Ghost/release/5126073.

US edition:

Euro edition:

Hope this helps

Hey 3TA-BIRD, can you confirm that your Euro version that states 33 RPM, actually is 33 RPM?

Seku and kevbayer, can you confirm which version you have (that you mention as being 45 RPM)? Is it this one http://www.discogs.com/sell/release/5116225?ev=rb ?