2013 VC COSTUME CONTEST - WIN A SIGNED CHARIOT PRINT + $50 SRC GIFTCARD!

I assure all this was not an easy decission to make, I want to thank all of you for entering and was genuinely impressed by all of your creativity! After much debate the 2013 costume contest winner has been decided-

Congratulations Kess!

Please PM me your mailing address as well as the email address for your SRC account and I will pass it along to Jenna!

Guest Justin Maheiny

where did you get that biggie print/painting !?

Some friends of mine pitched it and bought me that Biggie canvas from an artist in Newport Beach several years ago. I had just hung it for years without a frame or anything in my living room.

About 3 years ago I had a patient in the hospital I work at who told me he was an artist. We were talking awhile about who he'd painted and who he'd hung out with in the sixties. He was a super awesome guy. He talked about where he gets his weed, told me a story about John Lennon & Harry Nilsson walking into the Troubadour with tampons on their head, was super hilarious and said the craziest stuff to the female nurses and talked about his painting style. It didn't take me long to realize he painted the Biggie canvas I had and I was like HOLY SHIT DUDE YOUR BIGGIE PAINTING'S HANGING IN MY FUCKING LIVING ROOM.

I worked with him for awhile and we were always goofing around and he was a lot of fun. He eventually signed a sheet from the tear away calender in the room for me. While writing "this bud's for you" on that paper he looked up at me and said "and I don't mean Budweiser" and winked.

I finally shelled out the money for a proper frame and have that signed piece of paper sitting next to it.

Was a pretty crazy coincidence.