drds89

Just curious if anyone else on the forum here ordered one of these in March (as I did)?

Did you receive it?

I have emailed Dan several times, who normally responds to emails promptly/  tweeted him and he referred me to "Keith" who handles shipping, etc.. He asked I email him again with the order # and said it would be taken care of with the No Fun shirt order (see below).

I did receive Black No Fun shirt order placed a couple of months AFTER the Black Hoodie order, and this was supposed to be combined,... but NADA.

Crazy me, I went in for the White No Fun Shirt PRE-order (probably will never see that one after starting this thread).

One message received was signed by "Arthur Bueno" further checking into this matter - probably a joke I'm guessing.

Read the long, candid  'Do or Die' letter recently posted and signed up as one of the 400 he says he needs to keep the project going ($1 / month per year)... I must be one of the 3% who he laments as having 'f****d over'??

I didn't email, threats, abusive language, or more than a handful of times as above, so I thought I would see if any other fans here actually got the coveted HOODIE?

Dan is such a nice dude, but it seems that stories such as this have been cropping up a lot lately.

Bummer.

I didn't order, but I hope you get your stuff ASAP!

I'd say try emailing dan again if you haven't for a while. sometimes, as much as we hate doing it, a little bit of pestering gets problems solved.

I have known Dan for quite a few years. He's a good guy. Just going through some shit right now with his personal life and the label and business.

Just echoing what everybody said. Dan is a cool dude, but he has ton of shit happening in his life. 

Contact him and he'll try his best get back to you.

Thanks for all of the replies, gentlemen, much appreciated.

That's why I came here... I waited 3 months before contacting him because I know he has a ton of 'stuff' going on, just requesting a simple: "Hey if you have these/still waiting for these, I don't mind waiting a year or whatever, understand things are hectic, etc. just a quick note what's up, and we're good"

(crickets chirping)

So, with him being pretty active on the Tweet action and the Black Shirt orders going out (shirt money to make more space to get orders out iirc), I tried him that way to see if he could ship the Hoodie with the shirt, and he responded a couple of times without specifics, referring me to "Keith" who is handling orders. And again a couple weeks later. And again, he said paraphrase "Strange, don't know what happened there"  So I did get a reply and that is the substance of it. There's only a finite numbers of possibilites re: the Hoodies.

I figured maybe I was getting on his nerves since he was still busily Tweeting away about this and that....so I just let it drop, and then the White Shirt pre-order came up /and recently the Donate or Die letter, just trying to figure up my donations/ losses to a great label, great music and and dude(s) with a great reputation.

This year has been pretty hard on small bands/labels with Marriages' fiasco, Whirr and Appleseed Cast getting robbed, Graveface fundraiser, etc. and now ELHR.  Even here we've had one guy 'sell' 6 or 7 people the same copy of Takk, most likely to 'fix' a little cash flow problem, and then planning on refunding everyone in a month or so when his cashflow got better. Thankfully, that situation ended happily for the buyers with the 'seller' doing the right thing when confronted, and he will not show his face here again.

The question still hangs, and I'll let this thread sink into Oblivion and not bring it up here anymore, Will anyone else here admit to buying one of the Isaac Hoodies and either received it, or is in the same boat with me still waiting?

$35 is a lot to some people on here and not so much to others.  If it is going to be a virtual band donation, that is fine, just let me know, Dan.

But I'm 100% certain if I were to start personally pestering via email or on Twitter, FB, etc. there aren't going to be any replies --- and one forum to make myself potentially look like an a-hole is enough.

I didn't order the hoodie so I can't personally help you out, man. Sorry about that. I hope he gets back to you.

Regarding Dan; he seems like a good dude. He really does. He does a fair job at getting back to my inquiries and handling orders, and I understand that he's got a lot on his plate, but sometimes I wonder.

I was late to the HANL party, and only discovered Deathconsciousness in the fall of last year. Obviously all the vinyl copies were exhausted at this point - even the limited repress - so I politely messaged Dan asking if there was (just maybe) a single copy laying around the office. Maybe with a bent corner or a misprinted label. Whatever the defect, I told him I'd be willing to pay more than the flat cost for a copy, even if it was gathering dust. I probably would have tossed him $50 or so.

But he responded to me, insisting that he was all out. Everything was sold, and he couldn't help me. Oh well. At least I tried, right?

So December of 2012, I luck out and find a VC member selling a mint copy of the album. The price is steep, but still better than the rare eBay auction. I sell a limited record, which covers the cost of this HANL splurge. Shortly after - perhaps January or February - I get wind that there's a Deathconsciousness repress in the works. I ain't even mad. Good on Dan for making more copies available to the world.

But where I've become a little irate is when he sold a few "stashed" copies of Deathconsciousness on eBay, just a couple of months ago. He parted with both test presses and a handful of regular copies, and they all fetched bank. He knows a repress is around the corner, which is a little shady, but, whatever. He's running a small label, he needs the money, I get it. What bothered me is his insisting that he had no copies remaining, at the end of last year. The few copies he sold weren't stumbled upon spontaneously, nor did they land in his lap. He was saving them to rake in the cash. I just didn't appreciate his lack of honesty, I guess. I would've even appreciated a "Hey Derek, sorry. I've only got a few copies left, and I'll be auctioning them off somewhere down the road. Keep your eyes peeled and your wallet full." But it is what it is.

I'm stoked for the new HANL record. I really am. But I also can't help to feel as if I'm overhyping it inside my head. Deathconsciousness was released in 2008. It's a beast of a double album, and something I still enjoy from start to finish, today. The new album (slated for a February release that I'm not holding my breath for) has been six years in the making. I understand that Dan spontaneously lost the masters, last year (...), but six years is a massive amount of time to release a six-song, 35 minute record. That's pushing the length of many EPs.

I guess it's just frustrating, but understandable. Dan is allowed to have a life. I follow him on a few outlets, and it's a little irritating to see little (or no) progress on new HANL material, the Giles Cory vinyl release, or even responses to order questions (drds89). But there seems to be no shortage of updates on weekend activities, life around the house, or photos of what he's having for dinner. Like I said, he's allowed to put his life before his music. But it can certainly generate a bit of impatience as a fan or customer.

What Derek said above has more Testosterone and is to the point, on point, reality of observations.  Trying to balance it all out and remember we're all human and no sense for bashing/profanities/childishness, etc. 

I am a solo small business owner as well. Stuff has to get done. Every done. Some it's fun/rewarding and some is not. I'm not going to write a book about how to get stuff done, priorities, mental health, etc. Just get it done.

Trying email one more time/ maybe Twitter, and if anyone really cares,  PM me and I'll let you know at the end of the week what's up.

Much appreciated again all the responses, and really want the best for Dan and ELHR, as there is quite a bit of talent / gifts  that many of us have appreciated and would like to support and keep going.

I'd just like to clarify that I wish the best for Dan and his label.  I, too, subscribed to throw him a couple of bucks every month.  Hopefully it helps him establish what he needs to, though I'm not necessarily expecting anything from the donation.  He releases quality music at very reasonable prices.  That gets my support in itself.

I'm also not going to pretend that I know what's going on in his personal life, so I can't critique his time management and things of the sort.  I was merely sharing my perspective on things, based off of what I've observed.  I really hope he doesn't get in over his head and turn the label over.