US distros/retailers with cheap overseas shipping

slinch

Hey fellow non-US VCers. What US labels, distros, retailers have low shipping rates? I mostly use Amazon, as their shipping is under $7 for a single record. Interpunk and SRC used to be cheap, but now most places have shipping costs over $25 for a single LP. Any cool places you've found that don't rape you with postage? I've receintly bought from Creator Destructor Records and was surprised that shipping for one 12" and one 10" was only $13 total.

It's pretty hard and getting harder. The USPS rate raise didn't help either. In the past it was cheaper to order directly from the US with the even the higher shipping rates due to USD<EUR, now it's changed... I order less and less from the States, instead i stick with european distros flight13, Green Hell, Banquet etc. (Usually you can get anything besides the rarest colors)

But to answer your question we are all fucked actually. it's a rare time to get under 20 shipping for a single record, so basically just small labels who willing to lose money on shipping do that, but that's not the resolution either. So all in all get used to it. The best part is when Americans cry about a 7 dollar shipping...

so basically just small labels who willing to lose money on shipping do that, but that's not the resolution either.

I agree, I feel really bad whenever I get a record from a small label and see that the price sticker on the mailer is actually $3 higher than what I paid. But it's an upside down world where smaller businesses are willing to lose money on shipping while big retailers charge almost twice the going rate, when (I'm guessing) they get much better prices on postage due to contracts with postal service providers.

I hate to admit, but I actually got quite good shipping rates from Victory Records recently...

When it comes to ordering from EU distros:

The disadvantage is that they usually carry the standard variant and none of the rare stuff.

I like that Deathwish hooked up with EU distros for the TA deluxe preorder recently. Also, Greenhell often gets their own limited variant, which really adds to their offer.