Where do you work?

borf

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm Junior Designer at Kerrang!... i guess this makes us business rivals?

Eh, we're more concerned with Rock Sound than you guys; at least Kerrang! doesn't steal every last detail of our magazine's layout and editorial content.

Can't say i've ever noticed that, but we can both be thankful we don't have to use press shots for features.

Guest scriptedrain
I'm in an MD/PhD program in Madison. Basically, I'm a scientist. When I get done with school (in five more years if I'm lucky) I'll run a lab and be a doc. Right now, if you need someone to squeeze eggs out of a frog, I'm your guy.

[image]

haven't been abducted and gotten a bomb placed around your neck? seems to be the cool thing to do up that way.

i work at a shithole redneck gas station. it sucks, but it's like 2 miles from my house and is the closest thing to my house, so saves me gas money in the summer.

No I haven't been neck bombed yet. Erie is like 2 hours away so maybe that trend hasn't hit here yet. We are behind the times a little. I mean we did just get our first traffic light a few years ago. And the people are too busy cooking up meth to rig up a bomb.

i thought kane was really close to erie. my geography sucks for north of clarion, since i just about never go there. ridgeway's nice though, i played baseball there in high school and have some friends in that area.

since weve become personal with these pictures and whatnot, i figured i would want to know what all yous do to make your millions.

Im a bicycle mechanic. Been doing it for three years. we have a kegerator at my shop if anybody's in ft.worth.

panthercitybicycles.com

What kind of tools do you use? My dad owns Park Tool, and I work there in the warehouse during the summer making truing stands and wrenches and whatnot. Right now, I'm a student.

really? that's your dad's company?

i love park tools. i would definitely get one of their mechanic tool boxes if i had the money. as it is, i have some wrenches, a work stand, and various things from park. those tools are the shit.

I work for a small company called Takedown Sportswear/Knuckleup Fightgear. You can guess what we do...We actually do custom uniforms for youth through high school for basketball, baseball, soccer and mainly wrestling. We also make all of the apparel for Knuckleup Fitness. I work for a father and son, which can be trying at times, but very rewarding so far. For Christmas they gave me a $500 bonus-after only working here for 2 months!! Benefits are kinda drab, but the salary is great. and the bonuses are as well. We do custom screenprinting also, if I didn't mention that before on this board.

i'm part of counter sales for a family owned builders merchants who supply yorkshire with its heavy and light side building materials

it pays well and all the people are damn fine folks. long weeks though

its called Naylor Myers and is part of the Myers Group. Jackie Myers has got nice boobies

http://www.myersgroup.co.uk/mg/

What kind of tools do you use? My dad owns Park Tool, and I work there in the warehouse during the summer making truing stands and wrenches and whatnot. Right now, I'm a student.

HOly shat dude, thats awesome! Basically Park Tools are the american bike repair industry... Ive got a bunch of personals and the shops got like ten times what I have. Can you hook me up with shwag and more gear?

I'm an economist working on federal economic statistics. Fun stuff.

i think i'm gonna study economics in college. tell me this wasn't sarcasm?

I seriously love economics. My job isn't all that exciting, but it's actually a good job, just isn't all that challenging at the moment. I'm going to back to school, probably to get an MBA, but it'll be with a heavy dose of econ.

i think i'm gonna study economics in college. tell me this wasn't sarcasm?

I seriously love economics. My job isn't all that exciting, but it's actually a good job, just isn't all that challenging at the moment. I'm going to back to school, probably to get an MBA, but it'll be with a heavy dose of econ.

oh sweet. any suggestions/warnings about the career? haha

oh sweet. any suggestions/warnings about the career? haha

I don't know if I have any warnings. My job has been great as a first job out of college, but I'd like to do something more is all. I know alot of people who did econ end up doing consulting which some like and some don't, but it's a pretty good degree to have and there are alot of jobs that like econ degrees. The one thing I'd say with school is take whatever math you can. It'll help if you end up doing graduate work. It's probably my one big regret from school related to class choice.

I'm in an MD/PhD program in Madison. Basically, I'm a scientist. When I get done with school (in five more years if I'm lucky) I'll run a lab and be a doc. Right now, if you need someone to squeeze eggs out of a frog, I'm your guy.

[image]

Looks about right, the frog's the right size anyway. I haven't seen that movie yet, is it any good? Oh, and I make my own beer, like all good molecular biologists.

Guest falloutcollapse

Full-time high school student (Grade 10).

But I work part-time at Noodles & Company (www.noodles.com), doing whatever they need me to do. Today, I'm re-stocking vegetables and preparing dishes. Woo.