Seriously...I complain a lot.

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest scriptedrain
On a more serious note I know the mods around here have better things to do but sometimes I wish they'd be more heavy-handed in dealing with out of control posts, flaming, and trolling.

The thing is no matter what I (or we) do, there's always going to be someone bitching. If I lock a thread, I'll see in another thread that someone is upset. If a thread gets dupicated, I get a bunch of "who cares" or sarcastic apologies. If someone's out of control, well I certainly can't ban them. I have to talk to them, and it doesn't take a moderator to know that this is impossible when dealing with a troll, someone who dislikes you, etc. There's no way to win because someone is ALWAYS bitching. I'm not looking to rule with an iron fist but I'm also not looking to be just another user. There are responsibilities, as silly as that sounds to be talking about an online message board.

Having said all of this, if a problem comes up in the future, PM me. I'm on here, like I said, everyday and usually multiple times (or for extended periods). I'm easy to get along with, I've been around this board since the beginning, and I'm willing to work things out as long as you are.

I just avoid the BS on here. If I get caught up in it I'm going to quit posting here. I liked this place a lot when I joined, but I gotta admit, I like it a little less these days.

Yeah things have been going downhill over that last few months.

The overall positive attitude is what got me to start posting here.

Guest falloutcollapse

I like Flicker's jokes. Riddle and I make fun of each other back and forth. Scott Heisel is super helpful. Yu is the best foreigner I know. Aaron is brown. Jordan and Jon (maga) are both great guys. Juan is old :) Life is good.

Guest falloutcollapse

Ronnie, I still love you. And you love Torche. And you got me to listen to Torche. You rule, man. I wish I could name off all the rad dudes here, but I was just trying to make a point.

In short: Torche > A lot of things.

so i read the circa survive thread...well 3 or 4 pages of it before i wanted to kill everyone.

and i think scott was totally out of line and took things way too far. and once scott makes his opinion known, there are a bout a dozen VCers who hump his leg and continue to start shit.

favorite part = DF going down and everyone thinking Nickman banned all the VC members!

absolutely hilarious.

so i read the circa survive thread...well 3 or 4 pages of it before i wanted to kill everyone.

and i think scott was totally out of line and took things way too far. and once scott makes his opinion known, there are a bout a dozen VCers who hump his leg and continue to start shit.

favorite part = DF going down and everyone thinking Nickman banned all the VC members!

absolutely hilarious.

What's funnier is that I messaged Nick on AIM last night and asked what was up with the site, and he had no idea what was going on, but I just let the thread go anyway because it was amusing.

And I agree that Scott was out of line, but at the same time, jbrns7 has done nothing but instigate shit since he started posting here. Retaliation is inevitable when you start calling people fat and shit like that. I'm not saying it makes it right, but it makes sense.