SXSW 2014

stl_ben

Such a shitty thing for a drunken idiot to do.  I hope all people injured recover completely, and I hope for the families of the 2 people that died that justice is served.  Such a shame.  My heart goes out to everyone involved (except the drunken fucktard that was driving the car of course).

I have a friend who was in the cab that got hit. She broke several vertebrae, but thankfully had no injury to her spinal cord. She works for the same organization I do, and has been doing extensive coverage at SXSW. We were trying to start a fund, but it looks like one has been created by representatives of SXSW, the Austin Convention and Visitors Bureau and the City of Austin with the Austin Community Foundation started one already. The funds will be disbursed to those most affected through a community-based process.

https://www.austincommunityfoundation.org/?nd=donate_detail&donation_id=2831&return_nd=donate

I will more than likely start a thread for this. If you guys can help out it will be awesome!

I have a friend who was in the cab that got hit. She broke several vertebrae, but thankfully had no injury to her spinal cord. She works for the same organization I do, and has been doing extensive coverage at SXSW. We were trying to start a fund, but it looks like one has been created by representatives of SXSW, the Austin Convention and Visitors Bureau and the City of Austin with the Austin Community Foundation started one already. The funds will be disbursed to those most affected through a community-based process.

https://www.austincommunityfoundation.org/?nd=donate_detail&donation_id=2831&return_nd=donate

I will more than likely start a thread for this. If you guys can help out it will be awesome!

So please donate and share the link wherever you can!

shitbag is getting charged with capital murder amongst other things. dude should just get life, it'll be a lot harder for him that way. death is the easy way out. 

roommate saw the whole fuckin' thing. came home crying. said people were flying like popcorn kernels in a microwave. i have so many friends that work and hang out at mohawk and a lot were attending that show. it's surreal. 

bobbydrake, sorry to hear about your coworker. is she still one of the 3 in critical conditon? or has she been taken off the list?

shitbag is getting charged with capital murder amongst other things. dude should just get life, it'll be a lot harder for him that way. death is the easy way out.

roommate saw the whole fuckin' thing. came home crying. said people were flying like popcorn kernels in a microwave. i have so many friends that work and hang out at mohawk and a lot were attending that show. it's surreal.

bobbydrake, sorry to hear about your coworker. is she still one of the 3 in critical conditon? or has she been taken off the list?

All I've heard is she has been asleep for the past few days. And in a few days she will be fitted for a back brace.

fuckin' tyler the creator was arrested for inciting a riot.. well i wouldn't call it a riot, more like telling people outside the fence to push the fence over until they all stormed in.. luckily no one was trampled. this is becoming more and more prevalent in recent years. people are coming hear in droves instead of the beach now to get fucked up, and tear shit down, then leave. i wish they could somehow figure something out to limit the amount of people from coming here. it's gotten bad, and i personally stay clear from downtown the whole festival due to it. it's attracted way too many meatheads. i think next year things are gonna change due to the incidents that have happened this year and the years past. it's gotten way too big.

The article Vice did on SXSW is perfect.

Perfectly hypocritical, sure. The article can be summed up like this: "I used to go to SXSW and it was cool but now I'm not going because it sucks." Typical Vice garbage. It's so boring to visit a website who pretty much solely exists to hate on things.