PO: Morgan Delt / Doug Tuttle / Klaus Johann (first 100 guaranteed colored)

No, the "random" meant that the color of the vinyl is random because it was pressed with randomly mixed scraps of colored vinyl. Are you sure that it is actually black? e.g. my copy of the Klaus Johann Grobe single looks black but is actually colored when looking in direct light.

Also, that 64 is just the catalog number.

No, the "random" meant that the color of the vinyl is random because it was pressed with randomly mixed scraps of colored vinyl. Are you sure that it is actually black? e.g. my copy of the Klaus Johann Grobe single looks black but is actually colored when looking in direct light

My Klaus is in the photo it's pretty much brick red. The "Tuttle" is black. But truthfully I don't care, I don't know why I wrote I was "bummed" it's a really really great spin! I like that it's got this psych pop minimalist feel. Very approachable and not over done. Also the mixing was done really well. I had my ear phones on and when I played the first track I couldn't hear anything in my left ear then finally I heard some sounds and it literally made me look to my left because it was such a good intro i thought the sound had come from some place in my room.

Quick! Someone post their marbled version of Morgans

With very few exceptions, the first press (usually 500) of every TIM release is on randomly mixed "trash" vinyl. Some are held for online orders/preorders, and the rest are distributed to shops. Every subsequent repress is on black vinyl.

It was specifically mentioned that the Morgan Delt issue on "slime green" was a mailorder-only. So there must be another batch of "mixed vinyl" too.

I ordered on Tuesday morning and was told I had the slime green so we will see if that holds true. I'll update when it arrives...have me curious now.

Yea so I e-mailed them they told me I was first 100 but the plant must've added some unlimited black wax for the Doug Tuttle because supposedly they used up all the Doug Tuttle "random colored box" for that first batch of orders.

Oh well I can't complain, it's a solid album. Just sucks a bit as I did direct some sales to them and they weren't able to do anything for me. I just told them better luck next time for me I guess. 

Great records! Subpar customer service.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...