sunn 0)))/Ulver-Terrestrials PO UP

That's quite a timely repress. Bad news for those about to flip.

I'm completely unable to decide whether I'd rather get the red or the gold. Both renders look amazing. Kind of more drawn towards the gold yet the red goes together perfectly with the cover and is also the most limited. Damn you variants.

That's quite a timely repress. Bad news for those about to flip.

I'm completely unable to decide whether I'd rather get the red or the gold. Both renders look amazing. Kind of more drawn towards the gold yet the red goes together perfectly with the cover and is also the most limited. Damn you variants.

Aren't they all the same? (1000 copies each except for black) If anything, I thought the white would be most elusive since it wasn't sold online. Though even that was 1000 copies (don't quote me on this; I'm just going by posts in this thread and the discogs website). 

I was actually going to stop at my record store today to pick this up. It was listed as in-stock yesterday. Today, it's not in stock. Bummer. I'll still go out because I want to pick up some other stuff, so I'll just have them order me a copy. 

I thought the white would be most elusive since it wasn't sold online. Though even that was 1000 copies (don't quote me on this; I'm just going by posts in this thread and the discogs website). 

they did sell the white online, but only 100 of them thru the Sunn Store - the rest went to shops

Well, I got black. Lame, I know! But that's what my record shop had in stock, so I can't complain. Albums rules. Not sure if it tops the Boris collab, but it's still really good. 

It's way better than the Boris collaboration. There are no vocoder vocal tracks and no weird "Sinking Bell" type songs.

Nonsense! Sinking Bell is a great track, and the album destroys as a hole. But I love Sunn. And I love Boris' more drone/doom stuff, so this album is a perfect combination of the two acts, for me.

But I like Ulver too. The album reminds me a bit of Bohren, actually. It's not nearly as heavy as some other Sunn albums, but that's a nice change of pace, actually. Altar is just more nostalgic to me, as that's the albums that really got me into both Sunn and Boris. I had listened to both bands before, but I wasn't hooked until hearing Altar. Then came Black One, White 1/2, Heavy Rocks, Flood, Amplifier Worship... oh man. 

Yeah, I'm still struggling to dwelve into Terrestrials and go along with the multiple praises it got. Not sure if I'll be able to, though, And that comes from a Sunn O))) fanboy.

Still think it's much more an Ulver release with minor, pretty bureaucratic Sunn's input. At least that's how it sounds to me. It's not bad but it lacks a bit of menace, not sounding much different than most of the (ugh) drone albums you've heard.

I also felt slightly indifferent towards it. At first I was expecting something "more substantsial" so to say, more in the vein of Sunn but when I let go of my initial expectations and started listening to it for what it really is, it really grew on me. The story of what went behind it kind of helped.

Also Eternal Return is pretty much a reprise of Philip Glass' Koyaanisqatsi. I always liked that  a lot so finding a likeness to the final track was easy. Although the vocals are still so-so.

• 4 weeks later...