Best Record Owner in America

Yup. What you're after, canine, is actually a review. They come in the flavor of videos as well. I watched an unboxing of the super-deluxe (and super-pricey) Daft Punk boxset a couple of weeks ago. Dude was very thorough in exploring the contents, showing it to the viewer, and explaining what it was. If he went on and on about the album itself, I definitely would've muted the video. Chances are you have at least an inkling of the music if you cared enough to check out the unboxing video, you know?

I understand that, just seems a little, uh, redundant to have a 5-10 minute video just taking a record out of a mailer without mentioning much about the music at all. In the video posted above, the The Weeknd 2xLP unboxing one, I have absolutely no idea what the kind of music contained on those records is like. I don't want to hear people going "on and on about the album itself", just an idea of the sounds, the members, the songs, the style.

I don't make a habit of watching unboxing videos, but it might be nice if people at least said something like "So glad I got this, loved this album since I was [whatever] years old and the song [whatever] is my favourite".

Just feels a little strange when the passion shifts from the sheer love/enjoyment of music to worrying about whether a signature is printed or written on the sleeve.