Best Record Owner in America

I got into records when I was fourteen, and I thought it was the coolest thing ever. This kid's documentation of his stupidity doesn't really bother me that much. I won't attack him for not knowing shit about records/audio equipment. He'll either figure it out, or piss $200 away trying and realize it's not for him.

I will however attack him for liking Macklemore.

Ew.

I could be wrong but I was thinking this kid is like 16 or 17 years old? If he was 12 or 13 then no biggie, but this kid looks older than that. Him behind a steering wheel scares me.

So I don't get what you're saying. I say the song, not the album, is a piece of shit. It's not original, creative, humorous or remotely executed well, and you say there are worse things. But you're saying now that the kid is an idiot? Is he an idiot for liking it or an idiot for his reaction? Because if he's an idiot for liking it, then isn't it idiotic to defend it, right?

"You don't choose who you fall in love with." Preach, brother. I feel like he felt Macklemore was talking just to him when he read the I love you thing during his unboxing. And did he really say "enpicture"? Hahaha. I, too, envy his excitement. I don't think I have felt like that since Christmas 1999.

Guest Justin Maheiny

So I don't get what you're saying. I say the song, not the album, is a piece of shit. It's not original, creative, humorous or remotely executed well, and you say there are worse things. But you're saying now that the kid is an idiot? Is he an idiot for liking it or an idiot for his reaction? Because if he's an idiot for liking it, then isn't it idiotic to defend it, right?

That was an observation about the guy in general and not a response to you or a comment on his taste in music.

And your above comment about Macklemore applies to pretty much all top 40 music so I'm not sure what your point is. Did you expect this little genius to have the same elevated musical tastes as you do?

That was an observation about the guy in general and not a response to you or a comment on his taste in music.

And your above comment about Macklemore applies to pretty much all top 40 music so I'm not sure what your point is. Did you expect this little genius to have the same elevated musical tastes as you do?

No, I don't honestly care what he listens to. That song, though, was awful, in my opinion. You defended the song, then you called him an idiot. I just wanted to understand what you were saying.

Guest Justin Maheiny

No, I don't honestly care what he listens to. That song, though, was awful, in my opinion. You defended the song, then you called him an idiot. I just wanted to understand what you were saying.

I defended the song and called him an idiot. What don't you understand?

Guest Justin Maheiny

I think he's confused as to why you're defending the song in the first place.

He described the song "Thrift Store" as "one of the biggest pieces of shit ever".

I defended it because in an era where most chart topping top 40 rap/hip hop music is dominated by lyrics regarding pushin weight, stackin chips & pimpin bitches, "Thrift Store" is lighthearted, funny and, if for no other reason, different.

He described the song "Thrift Store" as "one of the biggest pieces of shit ever".

I defended it because in an era where most chart topping top 40 rap/hip hop music is dominated by lyrics regarding pushin weight, stackin chips & pimpin bitches, "Thrift Store" is lighthearted, funny and, if for no other reason, different.

If there is one thing the "favorite record A-Z" thread has taught me about this place, it's how heterogeneous it has become in terms of musical taste.

Defend your music for a couple posts and then let it go. There's no point to trying to change someone's opinion once it is formed.