PO: Timber Timbre - Hot Dreams

Thanks for the post! They remind me of Jens Lekman/Devendra Banharts love child who ended up growing up in Detroit. Going to have to risk this and see if any first editions make it to my local shop. That shipping is killer!

Tell me about it. The new Trust album is up for PO through the same label and it's killing me. One one hand I don't think it's fair but on the other hand I guess this is how Canadians feel when trying to have anything shipped from the US.

Tell me about it. The new Trust album is up for PO through the same label and it's killing me. One one hand I don't think it's fair but on the other hand I guess this is how Canadians feel when trying to have anything shipped from the US.

True that. It's so dumb though shipping to and from Canada to the USA should be about the same if not a couple dollars extra. We share the same freaking continent! And most cities are along the border anyways, the only difference is it has to get scanned into their "customs dept. and it shouldn't cost over double what cost us to ship and the same for them, it shouldn't cost them over double to have to buy from U.S.A. Oh well everyone has to get paid. My main gripe is I really like Arts and Crafts and don't want to wait 5 years for album prices to drop so I'd have to buy them on eBay from Import Cds or Rarewaves canada.

True that. It's so dumb though shipping to and from Canada to the USA should be about the same if not a couple dollars extra. We share the same freaking continent! And most cities are along the border anyways, the only difference is it has to get scanned into their "customs dept. and it shouldn't cost over double what cost us to ship and the same for them, it shouldn't cost them over double to have to buy from U.S.A. Oh well everyone has to get paid. My main gripe is I really like Arts and Crafts and don't want to wait 5 years for album prices to drop so I'd have to buy them on eBay from Import Cds or Rarewaves canada.

Pretty much. I just found the Canadian white pressing of Creep On Creepin' On on ebay for $28 sealed. After shipping from Canada it was $40-something. I think since shipping is so high, these releases never really leave the country unless Insound or some distro gets them.

Pretty much. I just found the Canadian white pressing of Creep On Creepin' On on ebay for $28 sealed. After shipping from Canada it was $40-something. I think since shipping is so high, these releases never really leave the country unless Insound or some distro gets them.

Yeah I'm hoping someone like Insound gets it. The $20 for an LP is bad enough, but the shipping makes it even worse. New song sounds nice though.

Arts & Crafts gets distributed to record stores in the US and I don't get the feeling that the "limited edition metallic jacket" is a pre-order exclusive only, so I'll wait to pick this up on release day at my record store.

FYI - the Arts & Crafts issue of Creep On Creepin' On came in three different colored covers (black, green, and purple) and they were all on 180g white vinyl.

FYI - the Arts & Crafts issue of Creep On Creepin' On came in three different colored covers (black, green, and purple) and they were all on 180g white vinyl.

I wish that was the case but I actually emailed them about it and this is what they said.

11v2mc2.png

Also I just searched the #creeponcreepinon tag on instagram and found this

4hxq35.png

Trust me, I've done my research.

I wish that was the case but I actually emailed them about it and this is what they said.

11v2mc2.png

Also I just searched the #creeponcreepinon tag on instagram and found this

4hxq35.png

Trust me, I've done my research.

That could be the Full Time Hobby issue on black there, though. The white still could have been limited, but I never knew of an A&C issue on black (I could be wrong though). I bought a white A&C issue on release day in a black jacket, then another some time after in a purple jacket, and then another much later in a green jacket; all white.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I wanted to get the tshirt bundle, but going through the checkout the price kept rising and ended up with a total of $60.  not worth it.  just gonna have to risk it and get the amazon pre-order.

• 1 month later...

Got this the other day from Amoeba - it's the "silvery" cover first press. This is definitely the best Rainbo press I have - it's labeled as 180 gram on the sleeve, but feels at least 200 gram and is very quiet (which can't be said about the previous two Timber Timbre releases). Great release, too - I may even like it a little more than Creep On Creepin' On.

• 5 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...