Speaking of VPI... the VPI Scout Jr.?

I have no official knowledge of this but it looks like its a scout Plinth with a 300 rpm motor, Travelers Gimbal Arm and a thinner Aluminum/Stainless platter. Thinking Price would be about $15-1700. The Traveler is about 12 or 13 hundred and this will sit between the Newer Scout and the Traveler . The Scout as we know it will be replaced by a step up or down. Once again all speculation.

When I bought my scout you could get it for $1500.  The 1.1 is now $2000 and the Scout 2 is $2400. All prices checked  on Soundstage direct. Once again all speculation on my part . We well see.  Hope I'm wrong and it's at the 1k or less point so more enthusiast can get one. BTW the traveler runs between 1200 and 1500. 

I sort of agree with ratbbb2. I would be willing to bet the Nomad would go for ~$1000 and the Scout Jr. being somewhere around ~$1700 as well. It would be consistent with their current pricing structure. I just honestly cannot see VPI offering any table for less than ~$750, that's for damn sure.

I do have to say, first and foremost, I was under the impression from VPI's own statements the Nomad's public release was a done deal months ago. I'm not sure why they're making it sound like it's more of an "either/or" type of situation now with this "pick the next VPI table" thing. Very confusing and I haven't heard much clarification either.

Got the rundown . New Jr is priced at $1200 with Cart. (Ortofon M2 red) 10"Gimble arm sourced from traveler but made of stainless and Aluminium. Platter for the time being is that of the traveler, same motor and plinth from the scout but no steel reinforcement and the feet are delran not aluminium. Good Side is it is fully upgradable . Fremer was at the release gathering so I'm certain it will be reviewed before we know it. Sounded nice  but I'm sure a better cartridge would bring it up a notch or more. I was off the mark on this one  (again)