Dads - I'll Be The Tornado

6131 isn't really distro though. Typically NSR labels their distro stuff with that red "Distro" label, right? I used the discount on the Daisyhead EP a few days ago and I'm pretty sure it worked with that. I ordered some other stuff, too. $0.60 isn't terribly noticeable on a big order though.

Updated the original post and title. Also, 6131 has their own merch store now. Not sure how long it's been like that, but No Sleep Records no longer deals with 6131 mailorder.

http://shop.6131records.com/

That's really new, I just ordered stuff from 6131 via No Sleep about 2 weeks ago.  I doubt this makes anyone feel better about ordering stuff from them in the future.

I'm totally fine with the mockup being an actual variant. Looks like it could be an A/B smash or even a clear with blue smoke. Pressing numbers for this release will be bigger than the last Dads LP, I'd guess at least 1,000 domestically available. 1,500 including UK press.

@dantheriver at this point, I don't know what to make of it. I feel like it's better for NSR because now they have one less label mailorder to keep track of. Could be better this way, but I suppose we'll all find out.

EDIT: So LP's are $13-$17 and "Standard Shipping" is $5.50... That's lame.

Pretty sure I could ship like 7 or 8 LP's for about $5.50.

Media Mail is going to cost them $3.17 to the post office (minimum)

The record mailer cost them probably about $1.

Then they have to pay for the tape and shipping label for each order, probably about .25

Plus the cost of paying a worker to package and ship your item.....I think all of that comes pretty close to $5.50....they may be making .50 profit, tops.

I don't think materials cost quite that much. Rolls of packing tape in bulk cost maybe $0.25 or $0.50 a roll. Same goes for mailers, though those are at least $0.50. Also, 1 pound of media mail is $2.93 online. I forgot to factor in webstore fees. Their webstore is through Shopify and they use PayPal, both of which charge per transaction (Shopify might be just a flat monthly fee, I don't know). $4.00 should be the highest charge to ship a single LP.

An LP in a mailer weighs over 1 pound, and once you are over a pound it goes to the $3.17 price point.

LP mailers .68 if you buy them in bulk (1000+) 

The label is based in CA which has a minimum wage of $9 per hour.  I think 15 orders processed in an hour sounds reasonable so what's that .70 main power per order.

Then there is paypal fees and shopify fees to add in.

So without getting into the small prices of tape, labels, ink (for printers), paper for invoices......they are already at $4.50 an order.  

As some one who manages an online shipping department the costs add up even for dumb small things....