Apple Music

I've been an Rdio subscriber for years. Even when Spotify entered the market in Canada, I didn't switch. I don't have any reason to. The same with Apple Music. Unless they do something significantly different and awesome, I don't have a reason to switch.

Someone mentioned The Beatles. Since The Beatles are under Apple's label, they're probably streaming them on Apple Music, but that's not a reason for me to switch.

What didn't you like about it? I love spotify

exactly my thoughts. have it on 7 devices, the selection is gigantic, and it can't get much easier to use. the only alternative i've found that competes is streaming my master music collection from my home server. however, i haven't found an app that provides a similar user experience in that regard. with apple music, for me it all comes down to whether they can compete with spotify on selection.

I'm loving this so far. I've only got to play around with it just a little bit though.

I really love how when you save an album it puts it directly with the rest of your music. Having it all in one place will be great. I tried to search for some random off the wall stuff and it was all there.

I can definitely see myself bailing on Spotify

That's dumb. Do you not keep a credit card on file? That might be the reason.

Yeah that was the problem. Added my info, checking it out now. Looks pretty awesome to me. First thing I'm listening to that's not on spotify: Sun Kil Moon's Ghosts of the Great Highway. Sweet.

do I need to have iTunes Match for this to work? I keep enabling my iCloud to go on but it keeps giving me some kind of error that it can't be enabled "You can enable it later from Music in Settings. Until then your music wont be available on your other devices" or some bullshit like that

Same error here. I think it all need some fine tuning here and there, but nothing reaally wrong with it. I enjoy it a lot. My only gripe is that I'll have to buy a new phone if I want to use it on mobile. My iPhone 4 doesn't receive updates since two years or so.

New mewithoutYou is on there too. Nice.

Sooooo...can you listen and enioy Apple Music Beats 1 via iTunes on my desktop or do I have to wait til the 12.2 upgrade rolls out for iTunes?

I can't find it on mine, so I'm assuming it's only available after the update. And I'm glad to hear I'm not the only one who still can't update iTunes.

I still use it at work, so my harsh sentiment towards spotify wasn't all that serious. I ditched it because I purchased the 5 bucks a month subscription about two years ago and when they dropped that subscription mode (there's only free or 10$ a month since) I wasn't able to use mobile devices ad-free anymore. I felt it was pretty rude and unjustified to just change things up without telling the customers. I didn't feel like giving in to their methods so I cancelled my subscription.

I'm currently on $5 mode with spotify.