PO: Pond - The Weather (May 5)

Not sure how long the pre-order has been up, but I figure some folks would be interested. CD, black heavyweight, and colored vinyl options available. Produced by Kevin Parker, like the last album Man It Feels Like Space Again.

http://www.pondband.net/

POND_THE-WEATHER_PACKSHOT.jpg

Back in October Australian psych-rockers POND shared a brand new song, "Sweep Me Off My Feet," which was produced by Tame Impala frontman Kevin Parker. POND frontman Nick Allbrook used to play bass in Tame Impala and the two bands have often shared members, including Parker (who also produced POND's last album, 2015's Man, It Feels Like Space Again). Now POND have announced a new album, The Weather, which is again produced by Parker and includes "Sweep Me Off My Feet." The Weather is due out May 5 via Marathon Artists. The band has also shared a video for "Sweep Me Off My Feet." It features Allbrook singing in the shower, along with images of Jesus and people in corporate videos. Check it out below, followed by the album's tracklist and cover art, as well as some tour dates.   

A press release says of the album, "where 2015's Man, It Feels Like Space Again was a considered yet raw take on their garage-inflected psyche, The Weather is an ambitious, technicolor odyssey which feels like POND's coming of age."

Allbrook had this to say in a press release: "It's a concept album, not completely about Perth, but focusing on all the weird contradictory things that make up a lot of colonial cities around the world. Laying out all the dark things underneath the shimmering exterior of cranes, development, money and white privilege. It's not our place, but it is our place. British, but Australian, but not REAL Australian. On the edge of the world with a hell of a lot of fucked things defining our little city, still we try and live a wholesome respectful life, while being inherently disrespectful. At the end of all this confusion in our weird little white antipodean world, there's the beach, purity and nature that brings us all together."

Side A 
30000 Megatons 
Sweep Me Off My Feet 
Paint Me Silver 
Colder Than Ice 
Edge Of The World Pt. 1 

Side B 
A/B 
Zen Automaton 
All I Want For Xmas (is a Tascam 388) 
Edge Of The World Pt. 2 
The Weather