Burger Records Thread

I will not be buying from this labels website anymore. I feel like they're more about hyping the Burger Records name as a brand as opposed to actual decent customer service. I feel bad about the bands on this label. They probably have no clue their fans are having to wait months at a time before their copy of the music the band makes gets to them. 

I think it's more of an isolated incident in your situation. Shit happens. I've ordered from Burger probably 20-30 times since they started and I've had zero problems and always receive great customer service.

they are all great people. I buy from the often. I live about two miles from there and in there often. 

Lucky dude! I'd love to live near them. I'd have no prob going in myself. Well I'm in San Diego, maybe I should visit? Roscoes, Amoeba & Burger Records doesn't sound bad at all.

But does anyone know when Burger Tour is done?

the tour shouldn't matter, it seems like it's just their new webstore and transferring orders that's gumming up the works. honestly they are super chill dudes and very easy to deal with, you oughta ring them up and i'm sure they'll get you sorted.

(i know you shouldn't have to call on the phone to deal with an online order, but i always feel like just calling and being polite makes anyone that much more likely to help you over an emotionless email. just make sure to ask for Sean, because Lee is on tour and no one else there can really help you without going thru Sean)

Yea I actually did call them up last month 3weeks after I ordered. Being in SD I thought, wow this is taking an awful long time for a package coming from LA. Typically those are two days even with Media Mail. But yeah I called, they said yes we got your order! They said they'd ship it out. I even got a call back from Sean saying the record should come in as a Peach vinyl. About a month now here I am. Tracking info in hand, zero activity. I don't want to call or e-mail again and be that annoying customer. But damn this sucks.

I got a order shipped yesterday from a Sept 11th purchase. Sean is super nice and always helpful. The new webstore is run by YepRoc so if you hadn't gotten a confirmation notice from USPS about your order you can try them too. [email protected]

I got the Tommorrow's Tulips record, its great! If these came with download codes I'd hook you up. Or ask Sean for the mp3s in the time being. He sent out mp3s to those that ordered The Garden LP cause there's a minor skip so it's getting repressed. So he might have mp3s for Tomorrow's Tulips. Hope it works out for you!

okay yeah, that blows. if it's any consolation, i just realized they never shipped my Tomorrows Tulips peach version either.

I got a order shipped yesterday from a Sept 11th purchase. Sean is super nice and always helpful. The new webstore is run by YepRoc so if you hadn't gotten a confirmation notice from USPS about your order you can try them too. [email protected]

I got the Tommorrow's Tulips record, its great! If these came with download codes I'd hook you up. Or ask Sean for the mp3s in the time being. He sent out mp3s to those that ordered The Garden LP cause there's a minor skip so it's getting repressed. So he might have mp3s for Tomorrow's Tulips. Hope it works out for you!

Maybe today is the day it comes in the mail! And yes, I'm not literally mad or anything. They're a start up I understand that. So it's cool that you guys are all reassuring me that they are good folks, and I don't doubt you for a second! Other than the lag I'm sure it'll be fine. Captured Tracks used to be really crap too with a small operation team as well, so it's nothing new. 

Theredshi will you grace us so kindly, with a photograph of the record? Thanks bud!

Was gonna show it spinning, but couldn't notice the marble or what you wanna call it. One side that stuff is green and black and the other is blue and black, in the same positon on LP(LP is more peachy than orange, sorry camera phone). Also includes a color insert with lyrics and pics...

10060244035_ee954690e5.jpg

Rad, this band will only get better and better with more studio time they have that "it" factor.

Yeah I got that link from Sean, that was super nice of him. Like 30-40 free mp3 records. Stoked to get the Cosmonauts stuff and the Pangea record on my computer. Got an email from the guys at YepRoc and they have started mailing orders out in chronological order so its just a matter of time that they get to your order. They will send out a tracking # when your orders go out. And Sean said there were something like 600 orders they had to transfer over. 

Yeah I got that link from Sean, that was super nice of him. Like 30-40 free mp3 records. Stoked to get the Cosmonauts stuff and the Pangea record on my computer. Got an email from the guys at YepRoc and they have started mailing orders out in chronological order so its just a matter of time that they get to your order. They will send out a tracking # when your orders go out. And Sean said there were something like 600 orders they had to transfer over. 

Yeah definitely a rad move on his part, and a nice ease to the sting of not getting my order for over a month.

Told him about my label and dude pretty much immediately liked it on FB, which is pretty cool.

Seems like they are some pretty genuine guys. I can dig it. Sometimes people get in a little over their head, which is what it seems like happened here, but at least they are communicating with customers and giving people some freebies.

• 2 weeks later...

Never got any mp3s, never got any emails, still no shipping. Even after I asked for a refund, no response. I'm done with them.

Yes you are not going to receive any records for a long time!

Here's an e-mail I got from the man Sean. Take from it what you will.

"Hey J------, we just switched over to our new ordering system, so all

the outstanding orders are being taken care of and shipped out right

now -- it's looking like your order will be shipped within the next

few weeks, but there's like 600 orders that need to be filled and all

of our employees are gone on the Burgerama tour so with the transition

to the new system it's created the perfect storm! I know it's a

ridiculous wait time for your order but when this whole thing is

complete it's going to be SOOOOOO much better than it has been for the

last few months. In the meantime, here is a link to a ton of free

Burger downloads for all the trouble with this:

http://www.mediafire.com/folder/f9xdt45n1rtcf/BURGER_PROMO

If you have any other questions feel free to lemme know and I'll do my

best to answer them!"

This was 6 days ago. I have given them the benefit of the doubt, but they are such a small record label it's a joke to squeeze them albeit however unprofessional they have been with customers hard earned money. 

If you're serious about getting the refund E-Mail @ [email protected] give them like 10 e-mails in a row, it's sure to be on the laptop when Sean first logs on. Haha.

• 2 weeks later...

5e41ba983f4d11e3bddb22000a1fb223_8.jpg

i told myself i wouldn't give Burger any more money until they ship my open orders, but i can't resist this

????????????????? MYSTERY HALLOWEEN TAPE AVAILABLE NOW AT BURGER RECORDS IN FULLERTON -- ONLY 100 CASSETTES PRESSED -- SECRET SPOOKY SOUNDS!!! These won't be available in our web store but if you wanna buy a copy email [email protected]!!! ?????????????????