Burger Records Thread

The Habibi record is really good.

Yea man anyone into Vivian Girls, Best Coast will dig it hard. 

What color did you get? Mines was charcoal marble

and I highly recommend the Nirvana Cult record. It's soo freaking good, authentic acid folk psych pop. and the vinyl color is like a sea foam glass color see through.

I really dig some of the bands they put out, but they sign a shit ton of them and I would say a good 90% of them sound generic and the same as each other. Also their fanbase is awful at shows. But major props to them for putting out bands like Pangea, Hunx, Shannon & The Clams, King Tuff, Meow Twins, Nobunny, Off!, Nu Sensae, and Ty Segall. 

what are they like? I've been to a bunch of shop shows in Fullerton and they're always pretty chill

I've been to their store shows, and it's always fine, but I just get really annoyed by the kids at venues. As you probably know there are unspoken courtesy rules to being in a mosh pit, and things to understand about being there. But the only bad experiences I have had in a pit was at Burger band shows. It might have to do with Burger records kind of being an entrance to the world of music for some of the younger folks, who haven't been to punk shows before or anything. They don't pick kids up who fall, it literally ends up as a group of people pushing eachother over people who are on the ground, and don't get me wrong, moshing is great and fun, but it's just a nuisance with that crowd. You'd have to experience it firsthand. I can just sum it up as, 16 year olds stage potatoing and blocking the view of the band for everyone else (for whatever reason is beyond me) and taking selfies with the drummer or stumbling and grabbing a musicians instrument while stage diving. 

I've been to their store shows, and it's always fine, but I just get really annoyed by the kids at venues. As you probably know there are unspoken courtesy rules to being in a mosh pit, and things to understand about being there. But the only bad experiences I have had in a pit was at Burger band shows. It might have to do with Burger records kind of being an entrance to the world of music for some of the younger folks, who haven't been to punk shows before or anything. They don't pick kids up who fall, it literally ends up as a group of people pushing eachother over people who are on the ground, and don't get me wrong, moshing is great and fun, but it's just a nuisance with that crowd. You'd have to experience it firsthand. I can just sum it up as, 16 year olds stage potatoing and blocking the view of the band for everyone else (for whatever reason is beyond me) and taking selfies with the drummer or stumbling and grabbing a musicians instrument while stage diving. 

Ah this reminds me why I quit wanting to play that sort of crowd. One thing is for sure though, those kids in the LA area do come out to shows, ratchet or not.

Hi, I'm new here.  I came across your site while I was looking for info on the Habibi album.  Does anyone else's copy skip like crazy?  I got the Cherry Glazerr record in the same delivery and it sounds good, so I didn't know if all the Habibi albums have this problem or just mine?  Any response would be great, thanks!

Hi, I'm new here.  I came across your site while I was looking for info on the Habibi album.  Does anyone else's copy skip like crazy?  I got the Cherry Glazerr record in the same delivery and it sounds good, so I didn't know if all the Habibi albums have this problem or just mine?  Any response would be great, thanks!

Not mines, just contact them and tell them your copy is shit, they'll understand