Agalloch - The Serpent & The Sphere - Now Available!

I didn't know of Agalloch until 2-3 years ago so I've never seen them live. Is it true that they don't play acoustic guitars much or at all live? I think that would really give some songs a different feel. Not being negative, just wondering if the post I saw somewhere was BS or not...

Also, I see that tracking down their vinyl box is going to cost me some $$$$$$

I didn't know of Agalloch until 2-3 years ago so I've never seen them live. Is it true that they don't play acoustic guitars much or at all live? I think that would really give some songs a different feel. Not being negative, just wondering if the post I saw somewhere was BS or not...

Also, I see that tracking down their vinyl box is going to cost me some $$$$$$

I've seen them live 4-5 times and they've used all electric guitars each time.

I'm not real impressed with this on the first listen. It seems like there is a lot of filler and the meat is still a little lackluster. I had high expectations but dammit, it's Agalloch, I should have high expectations.

Not hearing any filler on this end. I can see people being disappointed/bored with some of the repetitive riffage though, but I actually love that about the album since it really builds the mood. The songs are all over the place with black metal, prog, doom, death and post-rock elements spread throughout. I'm impressed.

I didn't know of Agalloch until 2-3 years ago so I've never seen them live. Is it true that they don't play acoustic guitars much or at all live? I think that would really give some songs a different feel.

Whenever I saw them there were no acoustic instruments, but the show did climax with the lead vocalist/guitarist using a deer hoof (with the leg as a handle) as a guitar slide/crazy pick. Will never forget that.

Surprised to hear people are sensing a lack of intensity or are seemingly perceiving the album as dull.. their last few releases seemed to be growing increasingly hefty to me. (Though I haven't heard this yet.)

It's because of the doom and post-rock elements found on the record I think. I for one couldn't be happier with how the record sounds. 

• 2 weeks later...

I talked to whoever mans the Anthem facebook page. Looks like you can message them and maybe get a copy. I was hoping I could wait for the Va show, but they said it's unlikely they'll have any then. I still think it's too much, but I love me some Agalloch. And I'm a hypocrite to my ideal price schemes sometimes....

I talked to whoever mans the Anthem facebook page. Looks like you can message them and maybe get a copy. I was hoping I could wait for the Va show, but they said it's unlikely they'll have any then. I still think it's too much, but I love me some Agalloch. And I'm a hypocrite to my ideal price schemes sometimes....

message them where, like on facebook? i don't have a facebook but i guess i could make one....thanks!