FT: Tool "AEnima" 200gm Test Pressing (Holy Grail) for Tool "Selections from AEnima" Vinyl

Crazyafroman

Hi everyone,

I'm proposing the following trade:

What I have for trade:

Artist - Tool

Album - AEnima

Note: Tool's HOLY GRAIL - sealed, dead mint. 200 gram UNRELEASED REMASTER (Bernie Grundman) 2xlp Classic Records TEST PRESSING of Tool's highly collectible AEnima album. EXTREMELY LIMITED - Only 20 or do in existence.

What I want from the trade (3 options):

Artist: Tool (all options)

Vinyl Records:

- Selections From Aenima

- Lateralus - ToolArmy band signed version

- any other Tool vinyl test pressings

I just read through a massive tool thread here (long time Lurker but just registered to post this) and would like to propose a trade. To verify my trustworthiness, my eBay Id (w/ over 100 feedback, all positive for both buying and selling) is "symoka01".

I can provide specific references and photos of the test pressing I have upon request.

If there are any serious tool fans, I have just about all of their records in my collection (less my wants above) if you would like to propose trades for my other wants, please make an offer.

If you haveany questions, please don't hesitate to ask.

Thanks!

Karl

http://www.discogs.com/viewimages?release=4849890

Although true that one sold for around $400 on an eBay auction, they have also gone for at least $600 at other times. I believe it is worth more than $600 now as more details are slowly surfacing about its legitimacy...I personally have already received two offers of $799 for the copy I have listed for trade.

That said, I'd rather have any of the three options listed for trade than $800.

R-4849890-1377439018-4133.jpeg

Discussion on it: http://forums.stevehoffman.tv/threads/classic-records-test-pressing-of-aenima.220384/

One sold on eBay earlier for this year for $400 - http://www.popsike.com/Unreleased-Tool-Aenima-2LP-Test-Pressing-SS/161207628497.html

cool. if it were me, i dont think id trade it for any of those other records but thats just me... unless i had two copies. heh.

Thanks for the advice :) I do have 2 copies (one for my collection and one for trade bait). In the end, my trade offer may be really stupid on my part but I've been trying to get collections from aenima for 10 years haha (I read about one particular tool test press that sold for over $4,000). The only gaps in my tool vinyl collection are the options I'm asking for in the the trade :)

Do I have to link from sites for photos? I tried just copying and pasting photos from my ipad to this thread with no success...I don't want to sign up for a hosting site...thoughts?

upload them to imgur (easy and free, don't need to sign up for anything) then copy the BBcode link into here!

Karl, how does the record from your collection sound?

TBD my friend :) my vinyl setup is sub-par so I don't want to use mine to check it out (I only use it for common records). I'm waiting for a local friend / tool fanatic (picked him up a test press copy too) to get his excellent rig setup in his new house.

Between the two of us, we have new and sealed copies of aenima 1st press, 2nd press, alt. Master test pressing and a boot copy. Some night we are going to crack them all for a listening party and 24/96 high Res rips :)

TBD my friend :) my vinyl setup is sub-par so I don't want to use mine to check it out (I only use it for common records). I'm waiting for a local friend / tool fanatic (picked him up a test press copy too) to get his excellent rig setup in his new house.

Between the two of us, we have new and sealed copies of aenima 1st press, 2nd press, alt. Master test pressing and a boot copy. Some night we are going to crack them all for a listening party and 24/96 high Res rips :)

Cool.  I'm curious because I have one of these as well, sealed, and I'm waiting for the right time to give it a spin. 

• 6 months later...
  • 5 months later...
  • 1 month later...