Incredible weekend... MLIW content

I got in late last night from the final Modern Life is War weekend and I can honestly say it was one of the best times I had going to a show ever. All the folks in Marshalltown were great and I really appreciated their hospitality. The vibe on Saturday was unlike anything I've ever been a part of. Rental car bullshit and broken stages aside, I had so much fun. It didn't sink in til about 3 am this morning that MLIW is done. Love them or hate them, they were one of the hardest working bands of our generation and will be missed dearly. It's really inspiring to see kids come out of from nowhere and accomplish what they did over the last 6 years. I could babble for quite a while, but I'll stop here. here are a few pictures of mementos from the past weekend

Box set / 65

[image]

Final tour and last show shirts and canvas screened show print

[image]

other assorted records

[image]

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

William Elliott Whitmore opened? I can imagine that confused a few dudes. Pretty nifty box set (I'm sure one will be on ebay in 5 hours) what did it run?

actually he's from Iowa and lots of people were way into him . I know there were talks of a WEW / MLIW tour at some point, but schedules always conflicted

William Elliott Whitmore opened? I can imagine that confused a few dudes. Pretty nifty box set (I'm sure one will be on ebay in 5 hours) what did it run?

actually he's from Iowa and lots of people were way into him . I know there were talks of a WEW / MLIW tour at some point, but schedules always conflicted

You know who else is from Iowa?

[image]

Yucky!

Witness was a mispress on clear blue from the latest press on purple. Only 65 came out on the blue, and since that record is all about M'town, they were tossed in the sets and sold at the last show. therefore.. 65 box sets. The other vinyl is the standard colors with stamped and numbered dustsleeves which match the number of the box

i can't wait to get the boxset that they saved for me. such a great band, and sweet dudes. they will be missed. i'm pretty sure there will be a surprise mliw record out before the end of the year if everything goes as planned...

also, william elliott whitmore, modern life is war, and converge did a european tour together.