paper planes

Guest scriptedrain

This thread makes me so happy. I saw the trailer for Pineapple Express when I saw Forgetting Sarah Marshall on opening day, and since then, I've listened to this song at least a dozen times.

It's about time you fools are starting to catch on to M.I.A.! I've been jocking her since my brother introduced me to her debut Arular. I've listened to her new album Kala more than any other album since 2007, with the exception of the Hold Steady.

I hated "Paper Planes" at first. It was just too corny, but man sometime late last year I fell in love. Best song evar!

Since there's a few of you new to M.I.A. I suggest checking out Santogold.

http://www.myspace.com/santogold

She's getting a lot of comparisons to M.I.A., mainly because they're women and Switch and Diplo did some production on their albums. They're not identical, but you can see the similar styles. Santo takes a bit of dub and new-wave into the mix as well. Listen to "You'll Find Away" you can find it on Youtube. The song is sooooooo good. Make sure it's not the remix though, the remix is great, but the original is +1000.

I've been listening to M.I.A. since the Piracy Funds Terrorism disc from a while back. To be honest I'm more of a fan of Diplo though. Great DJ.

Vampire Weekend sucks.

/discussion

and in the coldplay thread...

dude, I've been a Coldplay fan since before Parachutes came out stateside. I feel no shame

youve done this twice today now. im sick of you. i hate when people defend listening to something, by how long theyve been listening to it.

I've been listening to M.I.A. since the Piracy Funds Terrorism disc from a while back. To be honest I'm more of a fan of Diplo though. Great DJ.

Vampire Weekend sucks.

/discussion

and in the coldplay thread...

dude, I've been a Coldplay fan since before Parachutes came out stateside. I feel no shame

youve done this twice today now. im sick of you. i hate when people defend listening to something, by how long theyve been listening to it.

sorry hoss. i'm old and crotchety.

yikes.