TILLY'S now selling records?

Got an email from the mall skate shop pac-sun knock off TILLY'S this morning letting everyone know that they're now selling turntables and records.  Crappy crosley tables, and extremely overpriced records in the vein of urban outfitters.  I wonder if we'll see more of this to come before the bubble bursts....

30nbzly.jpg

For years people said something along these lines:

"The more places that sell vinyl the better for all of us. More stuff will get pressed and repressed and be available."

This has proven to be the wrong attitude. The Mega-Corporate co-opting of what had long been an indie scene has resulted in nothing other than skyrocketing prices and backlogs at plants causing delays for the labels we love. On upside we are getting $25 represses of dollar bin fodder like Chicago's Greatest Hits. As long as it's on color vinyl I suppose. 

The day we see the repress of Huey Lewis and the News "Sports" will likely be the day I disavow this site and more or less only buy No Idea releases. 

It's going to be cool in about 10-15 years when all of these overpriced super limited records will be in a $2 bin and they will all be in perfectly unplayed condition.

this. or the fact all the VC "approved" bands and labels with create a nu-scene where we unload our collections to pay for our son and daughters college funds :P

the only difference between our generation and the next is...

When vinyl was the main form of musical median, people only had the option to buy vinyl making the pressings high and rarity low...which is now the dollar bin. Our musical tastes are at least limited to high /5,000 Lady Gaga and Katy Perry pressings :P Whereas our TS/No Idea/TE pressings are /500 and then maybe a couple /1000 or /2000 later pressings.

We are sitting on a lot of future $$$!! :P