PO: Dream Theater- Metropolis Pt 2: Scenes from a memory Repress (Limited to 1000)

NOW BACK IN STOCK at Brookvale Records Webstore! The long-awaited second pressing of this incredible release is now available. Limited to 1000 copies. Initial pressing of 3000 copies sold out in weeks. Don't miss out, order yours today!

Just like the first pressing, this is a 2-LP set pressed on audiophile-grade 180-gram black vinyl and features a stunning gatefold jacket.

Originally released in 1999 to critical acclaim. Certified Gold in 2010 and ranked 95th on list of "Greatest Guitar Albums of All-Time" by Guitar World Magazine in 2006. Record Store Day Black Friday 2011 Official Release (1st pressing).

http://brookvalerecords.bigcartel.com/product/dream-theater-metropolis-pt-2-scenes-from-a-memory-180-gram-black-vinyl

Before anyone complains about shipping, I already emailed them asking why it is so high and hopefully it will be lowered a few dollars

^ I love your DP :wub: Cant wait for Assymetry, Sound Awake and Themata to be pressed :P

Yeah, about time that these masterpieces get a release (esp. Sound Awake)...was just thinking the other day that I'd probably have to buy SA twice if it ever gets released on vinyl...I would spin that record so often that it would  be unplayable after a year! :D

Yeah, about time that these masterpieces get a release (esp. Sound Awake)...was just thinking the other day that I'd probably have to buy SA twice if it ever gets released on vinyl...I would spin that record so often that it would  be unplayable after a year! :D

I listen to Sound Awake daily... Deadman, Umbra, New Day, Goliath, Simple Boy, The Caudal Lure, When the Medicine Wears Off... Not sure how they haven't made it massive outside Australia yet, Ian Kenny is a freaking genius....

Well... Until he ruined Birds of Tokyo with that latest album of vomit he released!

I listen to Sound Awake daily... Deadman, Umbra, New Day, Goliath, Simple Boy, The Caudal Lure, When the Medicine Wears Off... Not sure how they haven't made it massive outside Australia yet, Ian Kenny is a freaking genius....

Well... Until he ruined Birds of Tokyo with that latest album of vomit he released!

Argh, you haven't mentioned the best Vool song ever (Change pt.II)! What's wrong with you? ;)

They definitely had a boost with Asymmetry...at least here in Germany! I've seen them twice in 2010 in Cologne...in front of 100 (1st time) and 200 (2nd time) people! IT WAS AMAZING!!! Last November I've seen them again in Cologne. They initially wanted to play the same (small) venue but sold so many tickets that the gig was moved to another location! In the end, they played in front of around 1000 people!!! They really deserved it, but I preferred the smaller gigs!

Haven't listened to the last BOT record...that bad?

Pretty abysmal! I'll have to listen to Change pt 2, normally my favourite song off albums is the last song but somehow this one's escaped my attention!

The new Birds is... really really poppy. And im not ashamed to say i like some pop music but fuck. Universes is in my top 5 albums ever. I loved their self titled. But this is just rediculous.

Theres one good song. Check out 'White Leaves', but skip the rest. Seriously!

Awesome to hear they're starting to gain a following worldwide. Hopefully that pushes some pressure on them to press their back catalogue ;) They toured with another great Australian alt rock band Dead Letter Circus a few months ago and it was one of the best gigs i've been to. If you're not a DLC fan i urge you to check them out, i probably like them better than the 'Vool!

It's really tough to pick my favorites from Sound Awake...but Change pt.II tops everything! :) Deadman a close 2nd, followed by the rest... :D Such a good record!

Will have to check the new Birds record...really like the poppy touch of the previous two!

Regarding DLC, I enjoyed their self-titled EP (especially "The Mile" & "Lines")...listened to both of their full-length records, but was bored pretty quickly! Have to say that I enjoyed The Butterfly Effect's "Final Conversation of Kings" way more than the DLC records! :)

Nevertheless, so many good bands from Australia that have came through in the last 10 years!!!

For anyone who may have missed this, the band's management is supposed to be posting the link to these on their social media pages later today and I assume they will be gone very soon after so for those interested...grab one while they are still available 

Are you going to adjust the shipping price? Cause the one I see is made up...

Are you going to adjust the shipping price? Cause the one I see is made up...

I have no access to do that. It is not my webstore but i spoke to the owner today and he told me that international are being shipped first class with tracking which is why they are so expensive. They also had custom mailers made up similar to the amazon frustration free mailers but with better protection by having another flap built in. Those are a bit heavier than normal mailers which also increased the shipping rates a bit. He said that they lost and/or had damages to some other releases and this ensures that everything will arrive both safely and in a timely manner. I apologize in advance for the shipping cost's but again this is totally out of my control as I work for or run Brookvale Records. 

I have no access to do that. It is not my webstore but i spoke to the owner today and he told me that international are being shipped first class with tracking which is why they are so expensive. They also had custom mailers made up similar to the amazon frustration free mailers but with better protection by having another flap built in. Those are a bit heavier than normal mailers which also increased the shipping rates a bit. He said that they lost and/or had damages to some other releases and this ensures that everything will arrive both safely and in a timely manner. I apologize in advance for the shipping cost's but again this is totally out of my control as I work for or run Brookvale Records. 

Thanks for the heads up...

Think I'll have to pass...unless someone from the US orders one for me as well?! :);)

ETR, forgive my ignorance, but aside frim this and Images & Words, what other DT albums have you mastered and pressed? Will Images & Words get a repress as well? Cheers!

We have already pressed Scenes from a memory and Images and words. We are in the process of coming out with Falling into infinity and Awake at the same time towards late summer/early fall. Those will be 3000 total (1000 black, 1000 white and 1000 colored webstore exclusive) and all will be hand numbered i believe 

The white is going to be exclusive to oversea's retail I think and that is the color that the company handling distro requested

I also disagree that white does not go with either album, there is white on both covers but regardless if you do not want a copy on white then we will have both standard black and colored vinyl also available as options

For those on the fence for purchasing this repress (Metropolis pt 2: scenes from a memory). Brookvale just told me that they are down to under 50 copies left in the webstore so grab one while you can because we do not plan to repress this one again for awhile, if ever.