potato salad kickstarter

I'm honestly encouraged by this. My Volunteer Fire Company is facing a $20k deficit this year in the repairs we need to make. We have to raise the funds ourselves. One house in my town already closed for this reason. I look at this and I'm thinking we just need to have some fun and get a little lucky along the way. I haven't been a fan of Kickstarter but for a bunch of full time working guys who now need to quadruple our annual fundraising efforts on top of all our volunteer time this might be a way to a quick $500-$1000. Doesn't look like a lot of money but it's hard for us. 

Is sexy calendar not an option?

I'm honestly encouraged by this. My Volunteer Fire Company is facing a $20k deficit this year in the repairs we need to make. We have to raise the funds ourselves. One house in my town already closed for this reason. I look at this and I'm thinking we just need to have some fun and get a little lucky along the way. I haven't been a fan of Kickstarter but for a bunch of full time working guys who now need to quadruple our annual fundraising efforts on top of all our volunteer time this might be a way to a quick $500-$1000. Doesn't look like a lot of money but it's hard for us. 

and you know what?  there are people out there who will donate, too!  my wife used to use donorschose.org for school supplies and there were people and businesses who just went around the site looking for projects to fund.