potato salad kickstarter

Why not donate this money to an animal shelter, charity or a homeless shelter? This is pissing money away and you could actually be helping out an important cause. I agree with her and I hate to be kind of a downer but this shit is stupid.

Imagine how much $25 can buy a child in a third world country or supplies such as bleach and towels at an animal shelter and instead... you're getting a potato salad hat. 

Why not donate this money to an animal shelter, charity or a homeless shelter? This is pissing money away and you could actually be helping out an important cause. I agree with her and I hate to be kind of a downer but this shit is stupid.

Imagine how much $25 can buy a child in a third world country or supplies such as bleach and towels at an animal shelter and instead... you're getting a potato salad hat.

The same logic applies to any discretionary spending, fellow vinyl record message board user.

Nobody is saying potato salad guy can't have a little fun. We're just saying that when your little joke goes viral you're no longer entitled to anything and the right thing to do is to forfeit everything you've got.

If he doesn't give everything away he is obviously a heartless discriminatory bigot because Internet.

i think you are putting way too much faith in the human race

I was being sarcastic. He made the joke and it blew up. He can do whatever he wants with the money!

Good for him if he does something positive with it but keeping it does not make him terrible. I don't think.

agreed.  why should he give away money that 1500 IDIOTS gave him?  its not his fault the internet is stupid, props to him for finding a way to cash in on it while making a delicious side to eat.

He has the right to the money if he wants it.  It is pretty clear exactly what is happening with the money in the kickstarter and he has not taken advantage or prayed on anyones weakness.  If I was in his situation I'd probably keep like 10%, make all the potato salad, and donate the rest to an organization that could use it.

He has the right to the money if he wants it.  It is pretty clear exactly what is happening with the money in the kickstarter and he has not taken advantage or prayed on anyones weakness.  If I was in his situation I'd probably keep like 10%, make all the potato salad, and donate the rest to an organization that could use it.

He sure does, and everything else you mentioned would be perfectly fine with me.  Except personally I'd make some Mac 'n' Cheese  :D

I'm honestly encouraged by this. My Volunteer Fire Company is facing a $20k deficit this year in the repairs we need to make. We have to raise the funds ourselves. One house in my town already closed for this reason. I look at this and I'm thinking we just need to have some fun and get a little lucky along the way. I haven't been a fan of Kickstarter but for a bunch of full time working guys who now need to quadruple our annual fundraising efforts on top of all our volunteer time this might be a way to a quick $500-$1000. Doesn't look like a lot of money but it's hard for us. 

I'm honestly encouraged by this. My Volunteer Fire Company is facing a $20k deficit this year in the repairs we need to make. We have to raise the funds ourselves. One house in my town already closed for this reason. I look at this and I'm thinking we just need to have some fun and get a little lucky along the way. I haven't been a fan of Kickstarter but for a bunch of full time working guys who now need to quadruple our annual fundraising efforts on top of all our volunteer time this might be a way to a quick $500-$1000. Doesn't look like a lot of money but it's hard for us. 

It's definitely worth a shot.  Throw one up and you might be surprised at how many people are willing to help.  If you do, I'll throw something your way for sure.