PO: Mr. Bungle - Disco Volante repress Music on Vinyl

• 1 month later...

Has anyone listened to the MOV version of California a few times?  How does it sound compared to the Plain version?  I'm hoping that the band reissues Disco Volante as a double LP, like MOV is doing for the self titled album.  

I've spun my white copy a few times; it sounds fantastic. Definitely a huge improvement over the Plain version. So much more dynamic. Probably the best I've ever heard this album sound.

• 5 months later...

Disco Volante and California are $17.99 each on Soundstage Direct (not sure if they are the black or colored version).

http://www.soundstagedirect.com/mr-bungle-disco-volante-180-gram-vinyl-records.shtml

http://www.soundstagedirect.com/mr-bungle-california-180-gram-vinyl-records.shtml

Use the code "SH" for an additional 15% off (for some reason, it only takes 15% off one of the records)

RAD! Thanks for the heads up.. now to wait for the Self Titled to also go on the same sale

It looks like the MOV titles are slowly going on sale on their website.  I get emails from SSD from time to time with their new "blowout sale" items.  On their website, you can sort by MOV titles priced low-to-high and see what they have on sale.  I will be checking back regularly as there are few MOV titles I had my eye on (if only they were a bit cheaper).

It looks like the MOV titles are slowly going on sale on their website.  I get emails from SSD from time to time with their new "blowout sale" items.  On their website, you can sort by MOV titles priced low-to-high and see what they have on sale.  I will be checking back regularly as there are few MOV titles I had my eye on (if only they were a bit cheaper).

Awesome! I'll be sure to keep checking. 

I'm hoping it's the clear numbered version, but I'm guessing it's probably not.  Either way, great deal!

EDIT: I just saw it says "Limited Edition On Crystal Clear Vinyl" so it looks like it is the one!

It states colored vinyl in the description, but at any rate I'm sure you will be super happy with the sound quality. I am happy to have gotten rid of the Plain released in favor of the MOV ones!

It states colored vinyl in the description, but at any rate I'm sure you will be super happy with the sound quality. I am happy to have gotten rid of the Plain released in favor of the MOV ones!

This is the only MOV pressing of Mr Bungle that I don't have yet.  I was holding off until the price dropped below ~$40, but I'm still missing Platypus.  I'll likely buy up the "band sanctioned" reissues this year (if it happens), too!  Hopefully that one will have the double groove and extra 7" - or be pressed on a double LP like MOV did with the debut.

I made the mistake of buying the first Mr Bungle from Plain a few years back and it was one of my biggest vinyl regrets.  I even felt bad for the person when I sold it, knowing how shitty it sounded.  I had to warn them that it's a subpar pressing, but they didn't care.