Interviewing Thrice!

I'm wicked excited to be interviewing Thrice tomorrow for my buddy's site The Retrospective! We put the questions together and were like "Hey, let's get some other questions from fans that we might not have touched on". So yeah, if there are any questions you think we should ask, feel free to throw them at me.

I'm wicked excited to be interviewing Thrice tomorrow for my buddy's site The Retrospective! We put the questions together and were like "Hey, let's get some other questions from fans that we might not have touched on". So yeah, if there are any questions you think we should ask, feel free to throw them at me.

i don't have any questions, but those dudes are pretty nice, they stayed with me on their first tour.

I'm wondering about "The Alchemy Index" and it's relation to Captain Planet and the Planeteers. Specifically, Why make an album for each of the planeteers, but stop short at making one for "Heart". Poor Ma-Ti! He's always left out.

[image]

Or could it be that all previous albums are considered "Heart" type albums, just not officially part of "The Alchemy Index"?

All I know is it takes all 5 powers combined to make Captain Planet (who, incidentally, is a hero, who plans to take pollution down to zero).

[image]

Ask them to do a tour on which they play The Illusion of Safety and Identity Crisis in their entireties. Is that a word? I may have made that up.

I can't imagine they ever would, but just for imagination's sake, that would be awesome.

Agreed. I did seem them at Chain Reaction a few years back after doing a walk for the cure thing with them and at that show they announced that was the last time they would ever play T&C. The show was free for people who signed up to do the walk with them and it was the only way to get in. Chain was only like half full. It was weird. It was one of the best shows Ive ever seen them do. They must have played like 30 songs. Fuckin rad dudes.

Guest falloutcollapse

What's up with Dustin's solo album coming to vinyl? Any plans to do more solo stuff? How was touring with Tom Morello (Dustin did)? How's the turnout been to this current tour where the genres are varied? And ask if they'll play the Alchemy Index in full ever like was suggested.